abstruse

DISPUTE - TU DOES NOT INVESTIGATE DISPUTES SO THEY SAY

I need help.

I have a TL on my credit report that was being reported by a CA - I paid the OC over a year ago but the CA is still reporting this and updated it to Paid. OC has informed me that they recalled this account from the CA last year.

My first mistake was to pay this with the OC before it was recalled.

Anyways, I called the CA this year and they told me they don't have that account anymore because it is already paid and that the account was recalled in June 2015. I asked them to remove it with the CRAs. They said they cannot do that. They said the account is being reported accurately. I told them they don't have the authority to even report it because it's already been recalled by the OC. I told them since they do not have the account anymore, when i dispute it with the CRAs they will not be able to verify it. So I did. Experian and Equifax removed the TL. YAY right? Nope. Transunion came back verified.

I called Transunion and asked them what information they have to accept the CA's verification. What kind of investigation did they do? I was told that the TU does not investigate. WHAT?!?!?! The person I spoke to said that all TU does is tell the CA that the item is being disputed by consumer and it is up to the furnisher to investigate the account. The furnisher - in this case - does not even have the account anymore - is the one responsible to investigate it? I told him that according to FCRA, the reporting agency is legally required to fully investigate a disputed item and if requested furnish the verifiable information to the consumer. Am I wrong? This guy from TU was telling me TU has never investigate a dispute ever. That all they do is use e-Oscar and they accept whatever the subscriber provide to verify a disputed item. Are they kidding me?

I don't know what to do next. Should I send a DV to the CA and an MOV letter to TU? HELP please?

I see no point in sending a DV, you already know all the info that the CA is required by law to give you in response to a DV so it would be pointless.  I would, however, send a MOV to TU.  They are required to respond with information about who verified the TL.