Father Got Credit Cards In My Name

Toothless

I just checked my Credit Report and found that I have 2 collections from defaulted credit cards from the same company on my report.  I never opened the credit cards.  

My father was living with me for a while and I think he might have opened them under my info because I am Jr and he is Sr.

What are my options?  I don't want to get him in trouble but I don't want 2 collections on my record either.

2 hours ago, Toothless said:

What are my options?  I don't want to get him in trouble but I don't want 2 collections on my record either.

I hate to tell you this but you can't get this off your report without potentially getting him in trouble.  Quite frankly he should get in trouble for doing this.  This is why parents steal their children's identity because they count on the child not wanting to make waves and allowing it to happen.

Perhaps it's a case of the furnisher mistaking your name for your father's and putting his accounts on your CR.  It's also possible this is identity theft by someone else.

Look into all the possibilities before automatically concluding that your father is guilty of opening accounts in your name.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...