Calidrmn

Foreign judgment

Recieved petition to enter foreign judgment from California 2009 to Tennessee . I looked up Cali record said personal service at street address but I never live in state been a resident of Tennessee since 1991 same address since 2001 . Also court docs just have my name no account number or SSN default judgment with a affidavit from a Mann bracken Atty stating he's familiar with arrow financial records . Can I fight this in Tennessee or California ? What a big surprise thanks for any info.

4 hours ago, Calidrmn said:

Also court docs just have my name no account number or SSN default judgment with a affidavit from a Mann bracken Atty stating he's familiar with arrow financial records .

WHO exactly is collecting on this judgment?  Mann Bracken was run out of business 6 years ago in 2010 and Arrow financial no longer exists either since 2012.

4 hours ago, Calidrmn said:

Can I fight this in Tennessee or California ?

You will have to fight it in both states.  TN to stop them from collecting and CA to get it vacated.  The sewer service Mann Bracken used in a state you never lived in is a primary reason that they are out of business now.  BUT I have read that the attorneys simply opened up a new firm and continued their sleazy business.

Try @TNConsumerLawyer he is in your state now and will do a free consult.  You can reach him at Barnette Law he will do a first consult for free.  DO NOT wait.

Lvnv has affidavit on assignment from arrow  3/2016 . Tried TN attorney no call back in contact with another who's willing to help called around 8 , hard to find someone to deal with this . Thank you for response glad TN gives us a little warning.

12 minutes ago, Calidrmn said:

Lvnv has affidavit on assignment from arrow  3/2016 .

I believe LVNV did buy out the Arrow portfolio but it would take WAY more than an affidavit 4 years after the sale to prove to me not to mention the sleazy way Mann Bracken got that judgment.

14 minutes ago, Calidrmn said:

Tried TN attorney no call back in contact with another who's willing to help called around 8 , hard to find someone to deal with this .

I believe there really are only 2 consumer lawyers in TN and Barnette Law is one of them.  Call him he posts here when he can but has helped several board members.  He deals with this crap for sport and profit.  

5 hours ago, Calidrmn said:

Recieved petition to enter foreign judgment from California 2009 to Tennessee . I looked up Cali record said personal service at street address but I never live in state been a resident of Tennessee since 1991 same address since 2001 . Also court docs just have my name no account number or SSN default judgment with a affidavit from a Mann bracken Atty stating he's familiar with arrow financial records . Can I fight this in Tennessee or California ? What a big surprise thanks for any info.

Contact Barnette Law Offices in your state.   One of the attorneys is a member of this site.

Tried to contact a number of attorneys non would take case, one took money but hasn't got back with me about getting case dismissed. So here I come Pro Se any help would be appreciated as my 30 days would be up this weekend I've been trying to get something filed. Clerk said if 30th day falls on sunday I have until monday to file as I am a truck driver and out of town I had my wife take sworn denial and list of exemptions to clerk but they need to be notorized I'll do that monday. Today had wife take First answer to clerk just in case they wouldn't take it monday as I done this answer quickly due to attorney problems, I hope to amend answer with counter claims or file motion to dismiss pray this forum will help. Heres files from cases