Miheegz

Getting sued by Cavarly SPV I in INDIANA

@fisthardcheese @debtzapper  That's good to hear. I thought it was too good to be true! Quick question: Since they sent it unsigned,if I sign and mail it back do I just put in a request for a copy of the document after they sign as well in the envelope? Or is there a more procedural way to ensure they send me a copy of the final document with both signatures?

Just now, Miheegz said:

@fisthardcheese @debtzapper  That's good to hear. I thought it was too good to be true! Quick question: Since they sent it unsigned,if I sign and mail it back do I just put in a request for a copy of the document after they sign as well in the envelope? Or is there a more procedural way to ensure they send me a copy of the final document with both signatures?

They always send it unsigned because you have the option to change or ask for revisions to the agreement.  If you are satisfied, I always just sign it, scan it and email a copy back to them.  They will in turn send you the final signed copy.   You should also get a copy of the dismissal signed by the judge from the court as well just to keep on file.  They should send it all to you, but if not just give them a couple weeks and then ask for it.  Once they agree to the dismissal or other settlement, usually it's just a matter of paperwork and all of the JDB "tricks" are over with at that point.

37 minutes ago, Xerxes said:

The proposed settlement agreement includes non-disclosure provisions.  So, once you are ready to sign it, you may want to delete those images.

Thanks, I had seen that. Definitely planning on deleting them.