Logged in to my bank account and was -7,000...wth? (Cavalry)

So i settled with cavalry/their local law firm a few months ago. Made a couple payments then my checks were getting returned the last few months. I called and even tried to send a letter, no response. Today I go to my bank account and cavalry has charged me over 7,000 that wasn't there, so my account is now way in the red!!! I never heard from them.  Got a letter in mail same day with court papers about garnishment. Help!! What do I do? 

3 minutes ago, csTrain said:

Made a couple payments then my checks were getting returned the last few months.

Returned by the law firm or returned by the bank for insufficient funds?  Makes a BIG difference as to your options.

4 minutes ago, csTrain said:

Help!! What do I do? 

If you signed a consent judgment in that settlement and then defaulted on the payments when checks were NSF then there is nothing you can do to stop this garnishment.  With a consent judgment once you default again they do not have to sue you they only have to file the judgment with the court and then they can garnish your wages and levy bank accounts.

If you sent the payments and the law firm returned them and did not respond you are going to have to haul them into court.  Which law firm is this?