New suit in Orange County by H&H and PRA

I am going to be posting questions on this thread about my case, but the urgent question is that today 11/18 is day 30 to respond to discovery requests and requests for production. I sent it with POS and CMRR today. I FORGOT to sign each document!!!! DO I need to sign and resend everyone of them???Please let me know right away. Thanks!!!

Can someone let me know, I sent the Defendant Responses toRequests for Production, Defendant Responses to Special interragatories and Defendant Responses to Requests for admissions, at the bottom of each I typed my name and In Pro Per but forgot to sign them. Sent with POS and CMRR, but do I need to resend with Signatures? Let me know please.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, trial is 21 days away. I sent the CCP96  via CMRR on 2/22/17. They have not responded yet. I believe they have 20 days plus 5 to respond, is that correct? I did receive a CCP98 PRIOR to sending the CCP96. Should I wait to get the response to the CCP96, or serve the witness listed in the CCP98? Anyone know a good process server/company in Orange County?

Once I complete this, I will need y'alls help with gearing up for trial. Thank you in advance!!

@RyanEX @Anon Amos @calawyer

6 minutes ago, adjusterintrouble said:

OK, trial is 21 days away. I sent the CCP96  via CMRR on 2/22/17. They have not responded yet. I believe they have 20 days plus 5 to respond, is that correct?

yes, that is correct. 

7 minutes ago, adjusterintrouble said:

I did receive a CCP98 PRIOR to sending the CCP96. Should I wait to get the response to the CCP96, or serve the witness listed in the CCP98

no, those two codes are independent of each other, you can serve the subpoena no more than 20 days before trial. that would mean you can serve the subpoena as early as tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Link to OC local rules. http://www.occourts.org/directory/local-rules/local-rules-of-court/

Prior to my trial, I filed (and served) a Trial Brief,  my Objection to the CCP 98, and a Declaration in Support of (my) Objection to the CCP 98. I included the subpoena as an exhibit to my Declaration in Support of (my) Objection to the CCP 98, that was the only time I filed it.

• Like 3

I am not aware of any deadlines to file Trial Briefs in OC. i read the local rules during my wife's case and i could not find any. during my wife's case we filed her briefs and objections 5 days before trial and served copies to plaintiff overnight. 

• Like 1

If the plaintiff's attorney has time to read your brief and objections prior to trial, they will likely consider dismissing. 

If they don't have time, or if they are disorganized and unaware of the filing, then plaintiff's attorney may show up at trial and bluff their way through it with some simple arguments.

Be sure to include a copy of Midland Funding v Romero (from the Orange County Appellate Division) in your trial brief and with your objections to their Declaration in Lieu. 

• Like 1

Ok the process server attempted to serve the witness last week at ABC Legal in LA. The process server indicated that they spoke with the manager and was told that the witness was a client and not an employee. The process server indicated that they would provide a affidavit of non-service. 

Is that sufficient for what I need or should I have them continue to try? sounds sufficient...

@small fry @sadinca @Anon Amos @RyanEX @calawyer