New suit in Orange County by H&H and PRA

22 minutes ago, adjusterintrouble said:

Anyone?

Either way, or they are actually done about the same time. You go to the court to file and you mail it to them as you head to the court. Or you go file and then you mail it, or even if you filed and then mailed it in the morning. As long as they are  done about the same time and not several days apart.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, adjusterintrouble said:

I served it by pos 040 overnight today.  Court is closed tomorrow.  Can i file the pos on Monday? Trial is Tuesday

The important thing is that Plaintiff got it.  I am quite sure that your filing prompted the call to settle. 

You can file the POS on Monday.

• Like 1

27 CASE DISMISSED WITH DISPOSITION OF REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL 04/03/2017 NV  
26 COMPLAINT DISPOSED WITH DISPOSITION OF REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL. 04/03/2017 NV  
25 REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE - ENTIRE ACTION FILED BY PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES, LLC ON 04/03/2017 04/03/2017 3 pages

@calawyerI guess this means I dont have to show tomorrow? Thank you to everyone that supported me and answered my dumb questions...

• Like 1

Wow.  Great result.  I am so happy for you and proud of you too.  Sure looks to me as if they have dismissed. 

But, having said that,  I am a "belt and suspenders" kind of person.  I would only not go to court if  I saw a request for dismissal in MY case, signed and filed by the plaintiff (and also saw that the clerk entered the dismissal as it appears your clerk did).   Can you access the request for dismissal on line just to make sure some clerk didn't put it in the wrong file?  If so, print it out for your records.  You may or may not receive it in the mail from plaintiff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adjusterintrouble said:

Got it, pulled the document online and it is filed on my case. So wonderful to be free from this stress, thanks again!!!!

It was all of your hard work that got you this result.  Your objection to the CCP 98 demonstrated that you understood their tricks and knew the law that rejects those tricks.  Why should they go up against you when there are plenty of other cases out there where people are not willing to do the work and/or are not able to defend themselves?

But, in addition to beating a lawyer who does this everyday, and probably ridding yourself of this debt completely, you are the prevailing party in this litigation and you are entitled to recover your costs.  That might consist of nothing more that the filing fee you paid for your answer and the bill from the process server, but you should file the simple form to get them back.  And have a dinner out on PRA!

• Like 2