Lawsuit filed by Midland Funding LLC

I recently started receiving letter from lawyers wanting to defend me on a lawsuit from Midland Funding LLC.  I do not want to pay a fortune to a lawyer to defend me and was hoping someone could walk me through the process and what I would need to file and what not.  I have not been served as of yet but called the JP Court and confirmed there is a pending suit.   I am in Texas what is the best action to take to get this settled without paying the collection agency.

TIA

43 minutes ago, richarddill said:

I do not want to pay a fortune to a lawyer to defend me

-You don't necessarily have to pay a lawyer a fortune to defend the case.  Many consumer lawyers will tell you if it is cost effective to hire them to defend it.  Most do a first consult for free.  One of the best in Texas is Jerry Jarzombek  817-348-8325

Studies have shown that when a consumer hires a lawyer to defend these crap cases the Plaintiff folds 70% or more of the time.  I would rather pay Jerry or a colleague than Midland.

47 minutes ago, richarddill said:

was hoping someone could walk me through the process and what I would need to file and what not.

That is also an option.  Start searching this site for Texas threads and study up.

• Like 1