Debt Collector Entered a false payment to extend debt

so 3 and a half years ago i had gotten a call about a 10 year old debt and was talked into paying it, i then called a debt consolidation company and found out that they had no claim and legally couldn't touch me over that and then i was told that all of my other debts would be at their statue of limitations in 2016 and that i should just wait for them to drop off of me, so i did.  and 6 months ago i finally got that off of me and got a secure card and started rebuilding my credit.  today i got a letter telling me i owed on a debt so i called to tell them to dispute it and get it off of me and they said that according to their system the debt collection agency before them had recieved a payment from me of $99 in February of 2014 which i know for a fact i did not because at that time i was already a year into waiting for all debts to fall off of me

what i need, if anyone can help me, is to find out how i can deal with such shady and, what i presume is, illegal activity and advise on how to proceed next

btw the company that made the false claim of payment was Cavalry SPV I, LLC and if anyone has any information on them doing such things or other things like this i would appreciate the info or links

20 hours ago, JayFight said:

btw the company that made the false claim of payment was Cavalry SPV I, LLC and if anyone has any information on them doing such things or other things like this i would appreciate the info or links

Cavalry is KNOWN for doing crap like this.  Just search for them on Google.

20 hours ago, JayFight said:

what i need, if anyone can help me, is to find out how i can deal with such shady and, what i presume is, illegal activity and advise on how to proceed next

Simple:  file a complaint with the CFPB and see how quickly they retreat.