Jump to content



Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, corb said:

Do I ignore it since it is 16 year old debt?  And If I don't ignore it what do I need to do?

You can ignore it because their options to collect are limited to sending the letter they did saying essentially "please pay us" and hope that you do.

I would send them a FOAD i.e. cease and desist letter.  It does not have to be fancy.  I would simply state:

Dear Collector:

I am in receipt of your letter dated [date] alleging I owe a debt.  I do not owe this debt and I refuse to pay it.  Cease and desist contacting me regarding it.


Smart Consumer

They can send you one more letter stating what they will do i.e. close the case etc.  and if they don't stop dunning you, report it, or worse sue:  you can sue them for violating many federal laws and some Texas laws. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.