I have a judgement that I  was never aware that I was taken to court, by Gemini Captiol. Judge awarded Gemini almost 8 grand!! They were representing Circuit City, in which I thought went belly up and no longer exist . I know there is not a Circuit City one in the south east United States.  Is it possible for me to get the appropriate forms needed and to file for an appeal or  contest it since I was never made aware I was due in court or something to get this NASTY HORRENDUS GHASTLY AMOUNT OF MONEY ACCOUNT and the whole shabang off my 3 reports??!?! Please and thank.you in advance!!

11 hours ago, Brandi34 said:

They were representing Circuit City, in which I thought went belly up and no longer exist .

Most likely Gemini Capital is a junk debt buyer and bought the assets of CC when they went under.  Circuit City no longer existing doesn't matter if the account was sold to Gemini.

11 hours ago, Brandi34 said:

Is it possible for me to get the appropriate forms needed and to file for an appeal or  contest it since I was never made aware I was due in court or something to get this NASTY HORRENDUS GHASTLY AMOUNT OF MONEY ACCOUNT and the whole shabang off my 3 reports??!?!

WHEN did they get this judgment?  It may be too late to do anything about it.

The first thing you need to do is go to the court and get copies of EVERYTHING.  If they used sewer service and you can prove you really never did know about the suit it may be possible to get it vacated but you will likely need the services of a skilled lawyer to do so.

http://www.barnettelawoffices.com/  in TN is one of the best at dealing with this stuff and will do a first consult for free.

• Like 3

The date says on my CR say June 11 2014, what is sewer service?  Thank you so much for taking time to answer me and give me link to that group!!! 

43 minutes ago, Brandi34 said:

The date says on my CR say June 11 2014, what is sewer service?  Thank you so much for taking time to answer me and give me link to that group!!! 

Sewer service is when they use a method to serve you that looks legit to the court but in reality the Defendant never knows about the case.  Therefore, they don't show for court and the Plaintiff gets and easy default judgment.   For example they "serve" the papers at an address you haven't lived at in years or never lived at.  The nickname of "sewer service" I believe comes from process servers who used to toss the papers in the sewer and swear to the court they served the Defendant.

@TNConsumerLawyerwas actually on the boards today posting.  PM him or call his office tomorrow.  He is primed to help you deal with this.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TNConsumerLawyer said:

They are a debt purchaser.  Send me a PM or just go to our website and email us.  I usually respond back via email even after hours.

TnconsumerLawyer I sent you an email,or I think I did !!? Lol  can you let me know if you have gotten it?

• Like 1

Thank you HellGato!!! I do have an update as of today !! Yay!!! I have the judgment reporting only to equifax! I got my letter of dispute about the judgment to Experian this afternoon! So I only have equifax to go and I really think that 30 days and even 45 days pass and I will show the Equifax that they never reported back from my dispute and it should be removed. I have not heard one single thing from Gemini Capitol even after they were awarded a judgement .. I m extremely happy for any effort and lack of debt collecting with me,but it makes me so angry that the only initiative was to obtain a dirty judgment knowing I would not be aware of a court date to only handicap my credit and financial world !!!  My next move is to file a motion t vacate,or file to set aside or just to realease! 

HellGato exactly hat they are we backbone of this country ha I got our buying right consumer rights controlled and punished from pitfalls in ones life. Most ppl experience that least once if not more ,most ppl tell you all snowballed from natural disaster and nothing short than an act of god couldn't be stopped foreseen or changed. Why be punished like kids when we're the adults that lye collar and up fund back carry this country and economy!!! Really if they want to punish they need punish the people that ruin the working American ,on busting or busted it all there life to have it taken or controlled like a pre k kid that smeared paint all over the chalk. Board. Car shows some credit life not credit worthiness   To look at mine u see perfect credit started with my very first credit and built to perfect credit for al out 13 years then at 29 my second child was born very early very ill and had more chance of not living until his first birthday then he did have the chance to live.. my cr show everything went to hell in 2010 and then started looking up 2014 , not about credit worthiness until or less ur in ur 40's and older then u CR report shows at least 20 years of examples history u can draw a conclusion from that not ppl don't actually start credit or making having credit until at least age 16-18 or little older ??  Ppl make mistakes so does our laws and credit ysetem apprently

my DJ they submitted copy.of.orginal interest rate statement but didn't submit all.contract which had an arbitration provision!! The court is telling me that because I was personally served and the officer signed off on it that there is nothing I can do legally from this point ,except pay it.. Im pretty sure we were up.at children's hospital.in Cinn Ohio when this was served I tried to calm get record of my sons admission or and Dr appts that show I wasn't in fact served that day that I wasn't in Ohio with my sick kid.  But hospital billing Dept says records are not kept that far back that I have to submit a form asking for them and pay to get them..  idk I just don't think I would just say oh well I being sued oh well whimcares im not gonna do.a thing about it. That's not my nature im a naturally born bulldog, and the law firm that took this to.court and got DJ on me is no where to be found court clerk has spent most her day trying track them down or who may be the holder of.my judgment now?!!! She hasn't come up.with anything yet!!?? What do you think @fisthardcheese?

Just now, Brandi34 said:

my DJ they submitted copy.of.orginal interest rate statement but didn't submit all.contract which had an arbitration provision!! The court is telling me that because I was personally served and the officer signed off on it that there is nothing I can do legally from this point ,except pay it.. Im pretty sure we were up.at children's hospital.in Cinn Ohio when this was served I tried to calm get record of my sons admission or and Dr appts that show I wasn't in fact served that day that I wasn't in Ohio with my sick kid.  But hospital billing Dept says records are not kept that far back that I have to submit a form asking for them and pay to get them..  idk I just don't think I would just say oh well I being sued oh well whimcares im not gonna do.a thing about it. That's not my nature im a naturally born bulldog, and the law firm that took this to.court and got DJ on me is no where to be found court clerk has spent most her day trying track them down or who may be the holder of.my judgment now?!!! She hasn't come up.with anything yet!!?? What do you think @fisthardcheese?

Have you looked in the court file to see how the plaintiff claimed you were served?    Are you going to get an attorney?

Yes I have all the papers documents everything the court has in hand ,and it says Sheriff's Entry of Service checked the box said served defendant personal with a copy within the action and summons.y signature is no where on it.. i have been served summons or papers 5 different times I had sued seller of.home of a lease purchase, 4 of the 5 times was served papers by Sherriffs office by one of the officers and I had to.sign my name.to.recieve it and to state that it was delivered directly to me the 5th time served was by a civil processor and I had to.sign all three copies of the papers ,my copy ,yellow.copy and white copy..  with that being said the clerk said don't matter if I signed or not because the officer that served it signed,that his signature means he himself gave and served me with the summons.  IM confused now for sure.. I have left a message yesterday and today with  a law office and haven't yet heard back from them so no I not talked to a lawyer directly about this!!