Being sued by Cavalry, but not yet served

Question (I do hope I am in the correct space for this):  I randomly found out that I was being sued by Cavalry in California.  The Complaint was filed 10/5/2016.  I have not yet been served, but apparently there were some attempts made (stupidly at noon during the week when I was at work).  Is there anything I should be doing currently?

Monday, April 3, 2017, Cavalry can petition the court to serve me by publication.  Anyone here ever experienced that?

Also, someone (I assume the process server) just put the summons and complaint in my mailbox about a week or so ago, I assume they are hoping that I will act on it without being properly served?

I would welcome any comments or suggestions.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, GRIMM71 said:

Also, someone (I assume the process server) just put the summons and complaint in my mailbox about a week or so ago, I assume they are hoping that I will act on it without being properly served?

I would just consider yourself served and answer the complaint in about 30 days. In the mean time I would send them a demand for a bill of particulars (BOP) and learn how to fight the case. There are some BOP examples on here somewhere.   

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, GRIMM71 said:

Already familiar with the fight (won my last one), but was not sure how I should proceed given the improper/ non-service.  What happens if I do nothing? (being that I technically have not been served)

I would think doing nothing will just increase your chances of them getting a default judgment against you. You know about the lawsuit,  properly served or not,  and you can respond to it if you choose. There are technicalities you can use and fight over the service, you may also take an additional 10 days to answer etc., personally  I just wouldn't bother with that, but rather focus on the lawsuit.