Hello Everyone! :) 

Hope all is well for you. I'm new here, and I have several questions but I'll start with this one...has anyone ever gotten calls from this number 866-303-6910 ?! They have recently been calling me about a complaint against me. No idea who they are, and I'm afraid to talk to them because I know they'll start asking personal questions. Am I being sued? :( 

Thanks,

hope you have a wonderful week! 

8 minutes ago, PoppyCorn said:

Am I being sued?

NO!  Your information has been phished from the internet and these are scammers.  First and foremost process servers DO NOT call and tell you that a suit has been filed and they are coming to serve you.  (had you spoke to them that would have been the script)  Process servers do not warn you they are coming.  Who would be home? :)

A Google search of that phone number reveals MULTIPLE complaints of it being a scam.

The whole script they use is designed to scare you.  If you do call they will have just enough of your personal information to really convince you it is a serious matter.  Then magically you can resolve the whole thing by loading $400-800 on a greed dot prepaid debit card and sending it to them.  The money is untraceable if you do.   Then they simply pass off your phone number to their buddy who will wait a few months and call with a new threat since you paid up once before.

Notify friends, family, and your employer that you have been targeted by a scammer and under NO circumstances should they pay.  There is no harm in speaking to them but there is also no reason to speak to them either.  You can download an app called HIYA which will screen these calls and send them to voice mail without ever bothering you.  It also allows you to block their numbers.  After a short time of not getting through to you or being blocked they will figure out you won't fall for it and move on to other targets.

@Clydesmom 

Thank you so much for your reply. I also received this email today. 

"Respective Debtor,

This is to inform you, that you are going to be legally prosecuted in the Court House within a couple of days. Your S.S.N is put on hold by the US Federal Government, so before the case if filed we would like to notify you about this matter.

It seems apparent that you have chosen to ignore all our efforts to contact you in order to resolve your case. At this point you have made your intentions clear and have left us no choice but to protect our interest in this matter. Now this means a few things for you, if you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your manager/Concerned HR department about what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name.

Now, FTC is pressing charges against you regarding 3 serious allegations:

1. Violation of federal banking regulation act 1983 (C)

2. Collateral check fraud

3. Theft by deception (ACT 21 A)" 

I have honestly no idea what this is about, I don't remember owing anyone $1477 :( 

I'm stressed. 

15 minutes ago, PoppyCorn said:

Your S.S.N is put on hold by the US Federal Government

NO truth to this what so ever.  NONE.  The ONLY time the government puts a "hold" on a SS# is when there is fraud.  PERIOD.  Lawsuits have ZERO affect on your SS#. 

16 minutes ago, PoppyCorn said:

Now this means a few things for you, if you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your manager/Concerned HR department about what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name.

A civil suit has NO affect on probation unless the probation is for a white collar crime and you are being charged again with the same crime.  The threat to notify your manager or HR is to scare you into contacting them and paying.  DO NOT DO IT.

19 minutes ago, PoppyCorn said:

Now, FTC is pressing charges against you regarding 3 serious allegations:

1. Violation of federal banking regulation act 1983 (C)

2. Collateral check fraud

3. Theft by deception (ACT 21 A)" 

NOPE.  The FTC does NOT do things like this.  

19 minutes ago, PoppyCorn said:

I have honestly no idea what this is about, I don't remember owing anyone $1477

You DO NOT OWE THIS.  DO NOT PAY.  There will be no consequences other than another phone call and email or 2.

20 minutes ago, PoppyCorn said:

I'm stressed. 

Well let me put you at ease.  Read this:  FTC Article on Scam This is from the FTC website and literally quotes that email verbatim.  That scam has been circulating for almost 2 years.  If you don't want to believe me read the FTC website and put your mind at ease.