mjb

Being sued by PRA in Texas

Please help...... I was served on April 6, 2017. I tried to call PRA on the 14th and 17th of April. Once I went to their website and put in my information I called and actually got a person. I now know I shouldn't  have. I went to file my answer on the 17th. The process server had not put it in the system yet. I believe the 14th day is the 20th. The amount they say I owe is $996.25 from World Financial, Ann Taylor.  There was no statement attached to the citation or any evidence attached at all. It also states that I made my last payment on or around December 12th, 2013. I don't  know how to write my answer. It is with the court in Montgomery County. I called and offered $200.00 to settle and keep it out of court. They would not accept. They said all they could offer was half $497.00. Any advice is greatly appreciated. This is a small town. Willis, TX. If they produce copies of statement I think the judge would accept as evidence. I would like to object, per federal rules they have to provide original bill of sale. In Texas the judge can accept what he feels is evidence.