Jump to content

Switch judge for my Illinois foreclosure case

Recommended Posts

Would like to switch judge for my Illinois foreclosure case

I've been unsuccessful finding the proper form on the Circuit Court of Cook County website.
Question 1. Anyone know where else I could locate this or who could provide the form for me in your reply?
Question 2. I believe I may have been misguided by a volunteer attorney in filling out my "motion to appear and answer form". 
My understanding is now that if I write anything but "Deny" on this form, it automatically puts me in a position to receive a judgment. Is this correct?
3. A judgment has not yet been placed against me. I'm under the impression that I must submit the Switch of Judge form prior to the judgment. Otherwise, that option will no longer be available to me. Is this correct?
If this is correct I would greatly appreciate anyone who could quickly direct me to this SOJ form so I can submit it promptly.
Thank you!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...