sng4jy

After Debt Validation, then what?

I am trying to sort out what my next step should be and would appreciate your advice! I have read through so many of the comment here and keep getting confused.

Here is my situation - 

Debt: $7900

OC: Citicards

JDB: Cavalry (but owned by someone else previously)

State: CA

Date of default: October 2013

I was contacted by a lawyer (Quall, Cardot, LLC) for debt validation. I requested this debt validation from them using a form found here. They responded by sending their receipt for purchase and some final Citicards statements.  

My question is, what do I do now? I have seen conflicting advice about filing for arbitration. Do I wait to see if they sue? Send a letter "electing" arbitration? 

I feel like they are going to sue me before the SOL is up in October. Do I need to do anything to preempt this? Should I try to offer a settlement - if so, who do I contact? The lawyers or Cavalry? 

Thank you for your help!

For the sake of the FDCPA, consider what you were provided as adequate validation.  I'll almost guarantee they will sue. Arbitration is a good strategy but only after you've been sued. 

Also California posters are pretty good about giving advice for defending these cases in court, if you decide to go that route.