I've gotten about 2 calls from an area code that is associated with my county  (they even somehow got my dad's cell phone number and called him as well, not sure how that is even possible) in the past week from some Anthony Telesco at CRS & Associates. The first message (June 2) he left me was informing me that some files were placed in his office regarding some failed bank transaction(s) and it had my name, date of birth, and social security on it or whatever, urged me or my attorney to call him back at said 844-249-2890 number and he pretty much hung up.  He called again today and left another message and this is the voicemail word for word:

Second service of notification for the respondent XXXXXXXXX, this is Anthony Telesco calling again from the offices of CRS & Associates in regards to case number XXXXXX. We have been attempting to reach out to you and due to your negligence in responding, we are required to review this matter further, I just wanted to make sure you have all the necessary information before we do so. Verification of your employment has been determined at XXXXXXXXX. We do need a call back either from yourself or your attorney today, it is Tuesday the 6th 844-249-2890, my direct extension is 371.

Facts:
- I am unemployed, I have no place of employment.
- The place of employment he mentioned.. is an old username I use to use to make some kind of income (streaming)
- Have not received anything in the mail about.. well.. anything.

- He never mentioned any kind of attempt to collect a debt. (has whatever this is gone past that stage?)

I've called the 844 number that he mentioned in the voicemail and it brings me to some answering machine that says no one could pick up the call and to visit their website at clearviewresolutionservices.com (I thought CRS & Associates was trying to contact me?), you'd think it would be an automated type of deal where I could use Mr. Telesco's extension so I could leave a message but it does not. I also called the number that he called me directly from and that number is associated with some Legal Services Claims department (no company name, just.. Legal Service Claims Department) and  the machine asks me to leave my name, number, and whatever other important information.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure what this claim is about and I really don't want to call. I got a phone call a few months ago from some lady (you could tell it was a recording) telling me someone was going to stop by for my signature and gave me some claim number on something that was filed against me and yada yada and I completely ignored it (no one came to my house either). I can't find any information on CRS & Associates, the 844 number, the number Mr. Telesco used to call me, there's just no information on anything. Has anyone else experienced something like this? My parents are old and they're flipping the freak out on me and I had to tell them that it's probably just a scam..

2 hours ago, advancedgirlproblems said:

Of course, I'm not 100% sure what this claim is about and I really don't want to call. I got a phone call a few months ago from some lady (you could tell it was a recording) telling me someone was going to stop by for my signature and gave me some claim number on something that was filed against me and yada yada and I completely ignored it (no one came to my house either). I can't find any information on CRS & Associates, the 844 number, the number Mr. Telesco used to call me, there's just no information on anything. Has anyone else experienced something like this? My parents are old and they're flipping the freak out on me and I had to tell them that it's probably just a scam..

It is a SCAM.  I just got finished filing a complaint with the FTC about a similar call I have received several times.  Same crapola:  they are trying to reach me, sending goons to serve me between 2-4 pm, threatening to call human resources etc.

Simply tell your parents scammers have phished your contact information and not to panic and pay them.   You can ignore the calls and eventually they will give up and move on to other more vulnerable targets.  Or you can do what I do which is finally answer and waste their time with annoying arguments and questions.  Another option is to simply state you know it is a scam, you aren't scared and neither you nor anyone you know will pay them.  Last resort:  air horn in the phone and blast out their ear drums.

DO NOT let this worry you.  Nothing will come of it.

• Like 1

Normally I would say move on but in this case, did you save the recordings. If you did, a federal judge in Texas and the FTC might be interested in them as there is a consent decree that forbids a company called CRS from collecting debt (see link below). This might be a case of a reincarnated company to get around the decree as they decree lists the same types of violations that you are talking about here.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/04/debt-collector-will-pay-2-million-settle-ftc-charges

I would not spend a lot of time on this but consider just enough to see if there might be something in it for you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WhoCares1000 said:

Normally I would say move on but in this case, did you save the recordings. If you did, a federal judge in Texas and the FTC might be interested in them as there is a consent decree that forbids a company called CRS from collecting debt (see link below). This might be a case of a reincarnated company to get around the decree as they decree lists the same types of violations that you are talking about here.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/04/debt-collector-will-pay-2-million-settle-ftc-charges

I would not spend a lot of time on this but consider just enough to see if there might be something in it for you.

Great find!   While the calls were probably a scam, it sure doesn't hurt for the OP to file a complaint with the proper authorities in TX if she saved the recordings.

I have the 2nd voicemail saved.. but I don't think he is threatening me with anything other than 'since you didn't return my call, we will be moving forward with this matter' so I am unsure how this will work.

I called 3 different numbers and for 2 of them, the same person answered with 'CRS & Associates, how may I help you' but the last number all they said was 'CRS how may I help you' so idk if it's a thing to have a bunch of different numbers for 1 company. I want to ask for information but I hate confrontation and I am a giant chicken. Can anyone maybe help me get some kind of address by calling the number left in my voicemail so I can maybe get more information? I love having anxiety it. is. the. best!! (sarcasm)

I called both of their 844 numbers but didn't say anything and about the 3rd time I called, they straight put me on hold. Haha.

512-900-2239 (this was the number used to call me)

844-249-2890 (this was the number he left in my voicemail)

844-849-7251 (this is the number i found when the 249 number did not pick up and the machine gave me a website and searching for that website gave me this number)

both of the 844 numbers are literally picking up and throwing me on hold without even saying anything. lol

Ohh, they're smart. Even though I blocked my number, they answered my call with my name instead of 'how may i help you' then tried to call me back 2 times and they left a voice mail but I didn't check it yet. That's kinda creepy.. almost as creepy as them trying to contact me through my dad's cell phone number.. even though I never listed anything with my name and my dad's cell number.. hell, I don't even know my dad's cell number tbh. LOL.

EDIT

Checked the voicemail, it was silence.

If you read the link I sent you, according to the decree, they are not supposed to be collecting debts at all. Your recording proves that they are doing so which is in violation of the decree. That might be a FDCPA violation in and of itself without them threatening anything but it is definitely contempt of court in the Federal Courts for East Texas.

11 minutes ago, WhoCares1000 said:

If you read the link I sent you, according to the decree, they are not supposed to be collecting debts at all. Your recording proves that they are doing so which is in violation of the decree. That might be a FDCPA violation in and of itself without them threatening anything but it is definitely contempt of court in the Federal Courts for East Texas.

Assuming it isn't a whole different scammer just using their name without knowing the background.

4 hours ago, BV80 said:

Great find!   While the calls were probably a scam, it sure doesn't hurt for the OP to file a complaint with the proper authorities in TX if she saved the recordings.

I wish I would have saved the first voice mail, but I still do have the 2nd. I'm not sure how it works in Texas (Austin area) but I went ahead and filed a complaint, I really only did it because they're giving my father a ring and God knows how the hell they got his cell phone number with my name on it. Also the fact that after I had been calling WITH A BLOCKED NUMBER, they answered one of the calls I made with my full name and after I had hung up, they called me back 2 times and left 1 voicemail of pure silence. They also kept throwing me on hold without even saying anything a few times I called. Just sounds way, way fishy to mee.

On 6/7/2017 at 3:17 PM, advancedgirlproblems said:

Also the fact that after I had been calling WITH A BLOCKED NUMBER, they answered one of the calls I made with my full name and after I had hung up, they called me back 2 times and left 1 voicemail of pure silence.

When you call a toll free number you cannot block your number.  They have a technology called ANI:  Any Number Identification which circumvents call blocking.  You can even set this up on your own cell phone for "PRIVATE" calls.

11 hours ago, Clydesmom said:

When you call a toll free number you cannot block your number.  They have a technology called ANI:  Any Number Identification which circumvents call blocking.  You can even set this up on your own cell phone for "PRIVATE" calls.

Ah, good to know. Well, they haven't tried to call or contact me since, so. :)

I got a call today, the woman calling asked for my mom "in regards to a civil complaint" and would give no other information besides a phone # (832 702 3353) and a case #.  I called the number they gave and the man who answered Identified them as "CRS and Associates", and would give no other info.  When I asked if this complaint was in Jacksonville, the caller quickly agreed yes, in jacksonville (this was the original female caller fyi).   Now, Reverse phone # lookup says this number is a non-fixed VOIP with a texas area code, and they were calling me in FL looking for my mom (who lives in PA, for 15 years now).  The only time anyone in my family has ever been to Texas is a fuel stop at the dallas airport when we were flying home from hawaii in 1989. 

Some internet research shows there is a legitimate debt collection agency in Ohio called CRS (no associates) that specializes in gov't collections, but being as my mom is both a practicing doctor and a retired army colonel I'm 100% certain the government knows where to find her.  Also nothing in the mail, and I'm 100% sure if there was pending civil litigation against our property here in Jacksonville something would have been mailed to me.

This is a scam call, right?

CALLED my husband and mother in law for a fake acct . Fussed and argued with me when they realized I was onto them . Same set up. Texas phone number 409-204-4866 stating that they call family members so there is no way the  defendants didn’t know they would be served . The lady and man Zachary Abrams from CRS LLC was VERY rude, lied and said that no personal info was ever divulged to family members. I called  back several times and they all hung up on me😂.  Some how the info was leaked but I know if my husband was to be served - they would find him 🙄. I need to be compensated 😂. Lots of people have been suing them . The FTC has articles on them too . Got my blood boiling !

All these scam calls keep getting more and more frequent and much more volume per day.  This is due to every major company retaining all of your data, mostly without your knowledge, and then neglecting to keep that data secure. As a consolation for the inevitable "data breach", they get away with only having to offer you useless free credit monitoring.  However, very few lowlifes bother opening accounts with your information because they know it's being monitored, instead they just directly contact you and scare you into sending them money.