Class Action Lawsuit

Question:  In a class action suit, if I signed a fee agreement to compensate attorney on a contingent fee basis, not hourly basis and the case settled immediately, after complaint was filed and served, what would be the proper fee to attorney.  He said we will discuss when checks come in.  Is there a set percentage 1/3 - 1/4 of total amount?  Can he refer back to his hourly rate? I had two options to pick from hourly rate or contingency, I chose contingency.  Now that we settled so very soon, is there a standard that attorneys charge when case is settled before any other actions are taken?  Anyone?

Thank you!

Julie

25 minutes ago, Julie529 said:

He said we will discuss when checks come in.

And you agreed to this???!!!!

YIKES!  

25 minutes ago, Julie529 said:

I had two options to pick from hourly rate or contingency, I chose contingency. 

Read the fee agreement.  Does it say that if the other party pays your fees as part of the settlement that is all the attorney gets?  It all depends on how that fee agreement is worded.  If you left it so open as to say "contingency" only he can charge you what ever he wants.  Typical is 30-40% of the settlement though.