Sign in to follow this  
Broke&disabled

File Bankruptcy or Negotiate to Pay Off Old Debts

This is my first post so please bear with me, I'm not sure how to start this. I just received a letter from Winn Law Group, a firm hired to sue me for past amount unpaid which Calvary obtained from original lender. I had contacted the original lender and let them know that I had been in an accident and lost my job. I tried to find a way to work with the lender and they refused. After depleting my entire savings I had to stop making payments. Long story short, I'm still out of work and disabled, looking at being sued and weighing out either trying to make payment arrangements or file a BK and include all my debts to wipe the slate clean. I really wanted to save my credit but it has already gone in the dumper over the past few years of delinquent accounts. I owe over 20K in card debts. Should I be afraid of Winn Law Group, try to talk to them or call it a wash and file. Thanks in advance,

2 hours ago, Broke&disabled said:

This is my first post so please bear with me, I'm not sure how to start this. I just received a letter from Winn Law Group, a firm hired to sue me for past amount unpaid which Calvary obtained from original lender. I had contacted the original lender and let them know that I had been in an accident and lost my job. I tried to find a way to work with the lender and they refused. After depleting my entire savings I had to stop making payments. Long story short, I'm still out of work and disabled, looking at being sued and weighing out either trying to make payment arrangements or file a BK and include all my debts to wipe the slate clean. I really wanted to save my credit but it has already gone in the dumper over the past few years of delinquent accounts. I owe over 20K in card debts. Should I be afraid of Winn Law Group, try to talk to them or call it a wash and file. Thanks in advance,

How do you know they were hired to sue you?

Do you have any money or access to money to negotiate? If not, then it will really be a waste of time to try to negotiate at this point. Also, quite a bit of disability income sources are exempt from attachment so even if they do get a judgement, unless you have other assets, they might not be able to collect on it anyways.