Midland

Keishaj

If midland have sent me several papers about court but none had court dates and i disputed them after the dispute they sent me a letter saying they are dismissing with prejudice can anyone tell me what that means or what will be next with midland 

Dismissing WITH prejudice is good news for you.  It means they are dropping the case and can't ever file it again.

However, I would check with the court to make sure they really did this.   I would not rely on just a letter from a JDB.

What is next, if they did in fact dismiss with prejudice?  Hard to say.  They might sell the account to another JDB.  Or they may still try to collect, by letters and phone calls simply asking you to pay.  If they do contact you, I would send them a certified letter telling them to cease contact.

I cannot tell where the OP is so I cannot say if they are in a pocket docket state or not. If they are in a pocket docket state such as Minnesota, then the letter from the JDB attorney might be the only proof of dismissal if the case has not been filed yet (and this reeks of pocket docket).