xplhavoc

Post bk7 Discharged 8-28-17 No credit file?

Applied for secured credit cards but got denied on all three.  credit report they sent me reason for decline was because no credit file found?

im 594 post bk7

if wife adds me to her cards is that a smart deal i did it for her and brought her up my turn?

you are 2 weeks out of BK, and are trying to get a CC? No bank in their right mind would do that, secure or not.  Give it a few months anyway.

Ummmm, if you did pre-step 1 you would still be waiting for your credit report to get cleaned up unless you are sure that your credit reports are totally clean. I am wondering if quite possibly, the BK is still too new and you need to do pre-step 1 first. That is my answer to your question.

I however have to agree with @shellieh98 that any bank would have to be totally nuts to give you a credit card 15 days after a discharge. I would doubt the case is even closed yet. Wait at least a couple of months and give your credit reports time to catch up to the fact that you got a ch 7 discharge. Besides, you have probably been through what I consider (having gone through it myself) one of the worst experiences in life. Why in the world would you immediately jump back into the pool when you almost drowned. Give yourself time to heal.

Thank you for all your reply's.

I did do step one and there was one 1 mistake. Fixed. Weird but true. Hence my score 594.

I am not trying to go back into debt. I am trying to build the credit back up fast. Been there before and I did a lot of work and it worked before.  Thanks to this board I built it back up. But long story short my small business took a IRS hit. Had to file again.  So..... trying to build back up to get a home in 2 years or less.

I still disagree 1 week 2 months no different to apply for credit. 

I am wondering like you stated the credit report is still in limbo of no credit.  Nobody talks about this no mans land... I can obviously wait.

Also if my wife adds me to her cards would this work or bad to do post BK? I did it for her but she never filed for BK only had lower credit and I was high and it worked. That was my 2nd?

Thanks again.