Sign in to follow this  
Christine

Looking for discovery case law

Got a quite favorable appeals court ruling, except for the discovery issues.    Going for reheaing / en bank.

• Order to join Equifax was part of case management plan
  • Equifax refused to waive service and it took a long time for them to appear
  • Equifax never provided initial disclosures
  • I made countless requests, finally Equifax agreed to extend discovery deadlines when I was ready to file motion to compel initial disclosures
  • Court denied the timely filed JOINT request and later granted summary judgment for Equifax
  • Appeals court affirmed, discretion of district court.

There MUST be some favorable rulings out there, but I haven't had internet for almost the last month -- appreciate any cases with either affirming or overturning discovery decisions such as this one.   Unfortunately the appeals court did NOT provide anything meaningful in the memorandum.

19 hours ago, Christine said:

Got a quite favorable appeals court ruling, except for the discovery issues.    Going for reheaing / en bank.

• Order to join Equifax was part of case management plan
  • Equifax refused to waive service and it took a long time for them to appear
  • Equifax never provided initial disclosures
  • I made countless requests, finally Equifax agreed to extend discovery deadlines when I was ready to file motion to compel initial disclosures
  • Court denied the timely filed JOINT request and later granted summary judgment for Equifax
  • Appeals court affirmed, discretion of district court.

There MUST be some favorable rulings out there, but I haven't had internet for almost the last month -- appreciate any cases with either affirming or overturning discovery decisions such as this one.   Unfortunately the appeals court did NOT provide anything meaningful in the memorandum.

We need more information.   Based upon the information in your signature line, I assume you're referring to the 9th Circuit ruling (2017)?

If so, the court referenced Hallet v. Morgan (9th Circuit, 2002) in regard to the discovery extension.  The 9th Circuit's ruling Hallett was also in regard to a rehearing en banc.  The court denied the rehearing.