ruQWNP_RIPPED OFF

RECOMMENDATION GOOD & AFFORDABLE ATTORNENY FOR DEBT COLLETION LAWSUIT

Can you guys help me to find a good affordable attorney who already helped you guys and know ins and out?

I have debt collection about $2600 for my mom and she is old and I cannot take her to court and it is better to find a good attorney who actually knows and help you guys successfully. We are in California, Torrance,

I will be very thankful.

If your mother is on a fixed income such as SSI, disability or a pension and has few or no assets then she is collection proof.  They cannot levy her bank account or seize her wages. 

Who is suing her?  Many of the junk debt buyers will drop the entire suit if you send a certified letter stating she is (old age) and on SSI.  

11 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

If your mother is on a fixed income such as SSI, disability or a pension and has few or no assets then she is collection proof.  They cannot levy her bank account or seize her wages. 

Who is suing her?  Many of the junk debt buyers will drop the entire suit if you send a certified letter stating she is (old age) and on SSI.  

She does not have SSI, disability( we did not apply for it ) or a pension yet but she is sick and she is dependent.  She has $50 dollar her bank account.  She does not hold any kind of property.  Rather than she owns 10% of my small business share.

Mandarich Law Group sent " Notice of intention of a lawsuit.

1 hour ago, ruQWNP_RIPPED OFF said:

Mandarich Law Group sent " Notice of intention of a lawsuit.

WHO do they say they are representing?

1 hour ago, ruQWNP_RIPPED OFF said:

JH Portfolio Debt Equities, LLC............She has Medi-Cal.  Can I still send collection proof?

Okay, that is the junk debt buyer.  What account did they buy?  Capital One?  Credit One?  Best Buy?  

Yes, you can still send a collection proof letter.  It might work.  If not, THEN you can get a few free consults with a good Consumer Attorney

2 hours ago, Clydesmom said:

Okay, that is the junk debt buyer.  What account did they buy?  Capital One?  Credit One?  Best Buy?  

Yes, you can still send a collection proof letter.  It might work.  If not, THEN you can get a few free consults with a good Consumer Attorney

it's Citi bank. It is the worst bank ever. I will send the collection proof letter. Problem is that the collection proof letter does not stop filing a lawsuit if they do near future how to stop them or how to win against them without her present.   

I cannot figure out if medi-cal is enough to stop collection in California. I know in Minnesota and Wisconsin, any receipt of public benefit is enough to stop a judgement. That may not be the case in California however.

The complication here would be the 10% stake in the small business. They can do a till tap or go after the assets of the business but are only allowed to take 10% and that would be a very expensive undertaking on their part if the business is the type that has low overhead on assets and no till (say a independent contractor in computer programming).

What you could do is using the speaker phone on you cell phone, call them, have your mother there with you to state that she gives you power of attorney in these matters, or if your mother is able to, she can do the negotiating, and offer them $600 to settle. Realize that they probably paid less than $260 (and I would not be surprised if they paid close to $100) for this debt so what you are offering gives them a good profit. I would explain that your mother is ill, is supported by you (who they cannot collect from), and is on medi-cal. I would not tell them about the small business stake as you are not under oath and there is no reason to let them think there is any chance at an asset. They might hem and haw a little and there is some room to go up on your part but I would not go over $1000 as there is no need to do so here. Once you agree on an amount, demand the agreement in writing and once you receive that (email is fine), send the money and staple the receipt of the money to the written agreement and keep that for the rest of your mother's life because they will see this again and it will pop up.

If negotiation does not work, then they might file suit. I would consult with a consumer attorney and see if a limited power of attorney might work in this situation for you to represent your mother due to her health. Otherwise, your mother will have to find a way to get to the courthouse or she will have to get representation which is will be costly compared to the amount of the debt.