credit2011

Disputing Credit Report with the OC What info do they have to send to prove?

I disputed with the OC 3 tradelines with Experian (Chase and Bank of America), they all came back issued resolved with no explanation other than, we have the correct information reported. The accounts are from 2011 and  2012.

I now will have to dispute directly with the OC. When I do, what information do they have to exactly send to me to prove they are right. I no longer have my documents with these credit card accounts, and I know the burden falls on them to prove and if they cant, they have to remove

7 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

I disputed with the OC 3 tradelines with Experian (Chase and Bank of America), they all came back issued resolved with no explanation other than, we have the correct information reported. The accounts are from 2011 and  2012.

I now will have to dispute directly with the OC. When I do, what information do they have to exactly send to me to prove they are right. I no longer have my documents with these credit card accounts, and I know the burden falls on them to prove and if they cant, they have to remove

The OC does not have to provide you with any documentation.  From the FCRA, 15 U.S.C. 1681s-2(a)(8):

(E) Duty of person after receiving notice of dispute   After receiving a notice of dispute from a consumer pursuant to subparagraph (D), the person that provided the information in dispute to a consumer reporting agency shall—

(i) conduct an investigation with respect to the disputed information;

(ii) review all relevant information provided by the consumer with the notice;

(iii) complete such person’s investigation of the dispute and report the results of the investigation to the consumer before the expiration of the period under section 1681i(a)(1) of this title within which a consumer reporting agency would be required to complete its action if the consumer had elected to dispute the information under that section; and

(iv) if the investigation finds that the information reported was inaccurate, promptly notify each consumer reporting agency to which the person furnished the inaccurate information of that determination and provide to the agency any correction to that information that is necessary to make the information provided by the person accurate.

So basically I will get the same answer from them they gave the CRA Experian? ( We did not find an error and this was reported correctly) And- I am just banking on them not responding within the 30 days. 

4 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

So basically I will get the same answer from them they gave the CRA Experian? ( We did not find an error and this was reported correctly) And- I am just banking on them not responding within the 30 days.

If you aren't satisfied with the results of the dispute, you can provide to the CRAs your own evidence that contradicts the claims of the OC.  If you have nothing, the only way you can get at the OCs records is to sue them.

On my CRA payment history it shows first 30 days late in April 2017 , then it shows paid ok in green Oct  2011

On the status update section on the left it shows  status Updated  March 2012

I am trying to figure why it says March  2012 and what that means as to how long the 7-year itch is up on this account. Please see file below. I believe it should be reported delinquent  in 2011 , not 2012 

CREDIT.jpg

57 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

I am just banking on them not responding within the 30 days. 

You can forget about that.  In the height of the recession that used to work.  Not so much anymore.  Even if they did fail to respond in the 30 days resulting in deletion it does not mean they cannot re-insert it.

11 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

On the status update section on the left it shows  status Updated  March 2012

If I am reading it correctly the last OK status was October 2011.  March would be when the 6 months was up to charge it off and the status would be updated then to reflect such.

12 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

I am trying to figure why it says March  2012 and what that means as to how long the 7-year itch is up on this account.

Since they can report for 7 years 6 months from the date of first delinquency by my calculations it can report until March 2019.

13 minutes ago, credit2011 said:

I believe it should be reported delinquent  in 2011 , not 2012 

It does show delinquent in 2011.  It was charged off in 2012.

Even if there are FCRA violations they are only required to correct them not to delete the trade line.

4 hours ago, credit2011 said:

I am trying to figure why it says March  2012 and what that means as to how long the 7-year itch is up on this account.

If you notice, the status went from 120 to FP for March 2012, and then never changed since. So the last time the status was updated (altered, changed, whatever) was March 2012. The "Status Updated" field has nothing to do with how long it stays on your report. The last time you were current was October 2011, thus your Date of First Delinquency was November 2011, and this is what is used to calculate the 7-year reporting period. 

• Like 1