Advise is needed-Should I go to court to file for a motion to dismiss or satisfaction of judgment ?

Recommended Posts

I had a signed stipulation to judgment for the amount of 6185.40. It said that if I defaulted the full payment would become due. The creditor sent me a payment report stating that I already paid 3000 of the amount off, but I later ended up defaulting on the agreement. My question is when they entered the judgment with the court it said that I owed them 5022.99 and I've already paid 1647.74 from my wages being garnished which only leaves 375.25 once the 375 is paid can I go to court and file for a satisfaction of judgement or a motion to dismiss?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The judgment creditor files a satisfaction of judgment - not you.  And a motion to dismiss is not appropriate where a case has been adjudicated on the merits.

Did the judgment creditor say you only owed $375?  My math says you still owe $1538.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.