kelliedn

Do I have to list ALL creditors for BK7?

I have two credit cards with zero balances.  One I paid off, one I have never used.  Do I need to also list those on the form for creditors for my BK7?  I haven't because there is nothing to dismiss and I will not be using them any time soon, but, it would be cool if I don't have to list them and they stay open even after the discharge.  That way I can start working on my score again.

thanks for any input.

FYI- Target is the card I have never used and I do not have another Credit Card by the same issuer (TD Bank USA, N.A.) so I have a chance of it not being closed since they will not receive a notification for any of this if not listed.

Technically, even creditors you don't list will be included in the BK.  There's no reason not to list them all.  Also, CCs routinely check your credit records...if they see IIB on other accounts, they will close theirs.

2 hours ago, kelliedn said:

FYI- Target is the card I have never used and I do not have another Credit Card by the same issuer (TD Bank USA, N.A.) so I have a chance of it not being closed since they will not receive a notification for any of this if not listed.

Close the cards right before you file.  If they are closed by you before you file the creditor cannot update it as IIB.  They are more likely to re-issue you an account after the BK discharges if you do that than if they have to close it even with a zero balance because of BK.  No guarantee this works but they are not going to leave it open if you file.  

Technically you have to report all creditors, even though who you do not own AND those whom the discharge will not apply (such as student loans). I made the mistake of not listing my student loans but I got lucky that no one called me on that foul (and I think the SOL has run out at this point for anyone to call me on that).

2 minutes ago, WhoCares1000 said:

Technically you have to report all creditors, even though who you do not own AND those whom the discharge will not apply (such as student loans). I made the mistake of not listing my student loans but I got lucky that no one called me on that foul (and I think the SOL has run out at this point for anyone to call me on that).

From what I am reading, you have to report all debts.  Not all creditors.  The only issue apparently from what I am seeing is if you paid off a card very recently (showing preference), which the one that is paid off was paid off years ago and just never used again.  The other, I just never used.    Everything I am reading on line says you don't have to list them.  I don't want to more because my paperwork is done and I don't want to have to revise it....again.  I don't care of they cancel them.  But yeah, maybe I will make sure they call get cancelled today.  That's a good idea.