Jump to content

Timing of Motion to set aside Default in CA

Shiela CA

Recommended Posts

Hello.  In order to set aside a default judgment in California, if you were served substitute service but never got it, it says you have 2 years from discovery the default, OR from service of written notice of a default against you.  Does that just mean if they mailed a copy of the default, whether you got that or not, the time starts from that mailing, or do they have to actually Serve it to you?  Any help would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.