kelliedn

I did it! BK7 Filed today!

Very nice, I remember first time seeing a bk laywer, it was super stresful, and I only had $20 on me to start the process. Then made more payments and finally filed for BK too. All the phone calls has stopped.

341 - I was super stressed, adding to that before I entered the room I could not see my lawyer (the one I did everything with) because an other lawyer was taking care of 341 but it was pretty quick. Answered all questions honestly and it now is behind me.

I had my discharge this February, so next February I should be able to buy a house again right? for FHA loan you need 2 years from the discharge?

Glad you did the Ch 7.

I've read too many stories about lawyers pushing their clients into Ch 13 because it makes payment to the attorneys easier, or something.  

Really?

There was some point that I did not qualify for the chapter 7 and was looking at the chapter 13 but my lawyer was super nice, actually he was amazing and we figured it out to go 7.  Right now, I am just working with (deleted) and I even got some new cc letters / offers in the mail. Kelliden -  good luck to you, it was a good decision!

Edited by BV80
Removal of link by moderator

I would stay away from CC's for awhile, I did a long time ago and found life a lot easier without them. There are better ways to rebuild credit. I am not an expert on POST BK Credit rebuilding but Know that sometimes if you have money in the bank at credit unions they may structure a loan secured by your own money and that you basically make payments which are returned to you.

Once the stress of BK wears off it is hard to want to go through that again.