willingandobedient

Is My JDB Lying To Me About Meet and Confer Letter?

Hello,

Being sued by Shermeta Law Group in MICHIGAN. Filed my answer, defenses and sworn affidavit of denial on time. 

Sent my jdb discovery request, 30 days have passed with no response. Followed up with a phone call then a meet and confer letter.

JDB sent a settlement offer in the mail which I never responded to soon after receiving my meet and confer letter. Offered to settle for $1000 instead of the original $1886.

JDB followed up with a call to then tell me that he doesn't have to respond to my interrogatories request because the judge hasn't started discovery yet.

Is this true? The jdb hasn't sent me any interrogatories request only the original summons with nothing attached.

Edited by willingandobedient
incorrect term used.

I wouldn't mess with discovery if I could help it.

Arbitration may be the way to go on this. Who is the OC, and when did you open & default on the account?

• Like 1

Harry is right - they legally own the debt you defaulted on. Playing legal games will only help prove their case, but they aren't playing those games because you are headed for an MSJ. Get out of it with arb or take a deal.