United consumer (Kirby)

Pizz80

Around four years ago my wife and I were amazed by a Kirby salesman and of course agreeed to buy one. A short time later I had a job change and wasn’t able to afford the payments. Im in the process of repairing my credit and I called them to ask if I could pay for a delete and was told that they would only take the full amount and still wouldn’t remove it from my report. Any ideas on what I can do to get this removed!?

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

I don't see where there is any inaccurate info being reported - isn't just a case of "I don't want to pay anymore?"

Who knows, really.  Kirby is as shady as many debt collectors and they very well could have added fees or interest that is not allowed by the contract or law.  They may have also misapplied past payments.  This is another reason I would want to see their contract and compare everything to my credit reports.

8 hours ago, fisthardcheese said:

Who knows, really.  Kirby is as shady as many debt collectors and they very well could have added fees or interest that is not allowed by the contract or law.  They may have also misapplied past payments.  This is another reason I would want to see their contract and compare everything to my credit reports.

Have you dealt with Kirby before?  Just curious.

9 hours ago, BV80 said:

Have you dealt with Kirby before?  Just curious.

Not financially, but I was a target of their extremely high pressure sales pitch (door to door with "in home demonstration") and found most of their claims to be quite misleading and/or outright false. 

Also somewhere around 2001, I was looking for work and went to what I thought was a sales training seminar for a legitimate job, but it turned out that it was just a seminar to train you on door to door sales of Kirby Vacuums - which was not even disclosed until about 2 hours into the "seminar" as they did everything they could to hide who they really were for as long as possible, and even then, they never said their name, but when they brought out different demonstration models, some of them had the Kirby name on them which is when I knew what was really going on there. And the "sales seminar" started off as their actual sales pitch and demonstration to first sell you on their product so you can in turn sell others on it.  Everything was intentionally vague and misleading and they were explicitly telling everyone at this seminar to remain vague and just generalize all information.  It was also taught at this seminar to deflect any question of price until the demo was over, and in fact, the pricing info was never given to the sales "members" because if anyone was interested after the demo, they had to call in the closing guy who dealt with financing.  Usually they send out 3 or 4 guys in a neighborhood to go door to door with 1 finance guy.  When one of the demo people got someone on the hook, they called over the finance guy to close the deal.

You can google them and see story after story about how they run their business and have a very bad history of sending criminals door to door to sell vacuums that then turn bad for the home owners (theft, assault, etc).