logcabin

Collections after SOL

6 minutes ago, logcabin said:

Sooooo, I’m back with another question about this debt.  We now have received a letter from Total Card, Inc., representing Cavalry (who is the owner of this debt), according to the letter.  It was originally with Citi, and is past the SOL.  It has never showed up on our credit report.  Back in March, I received a letter from Cavalry saying:  The law limits how long you can be sued on a debt......etc.  At that time, some of you said to ignore it, and some said to send a C and D.  We ignored it, and received 1 other letter.  Now we have received this new one from Total card, Inc., representing Cavalry.  It basically says the same thing, but on the back of the letter, it does say:  Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity, this office will assume this debt to be valid.  On the front side, it does have the paragraph that Cav. cannot sue......

I would have just ignored this letter also, except for the part on the back about validating within 30 days.  In some respects, I hate to have any communication start up at all, after all this time.  What are your thoughts on this?  

They're required to include that notice when they send an initial communication (first letter) for a debt.   If the debt outside the SOL, just send a C&D to Total Card and another one to Cavalry.