Pizz80

Sunrise Financial

I had a ATT account get sent to this collection agency. I am able to pay ATT directly so my plan is to ask for sunrise (the CA) to pay for delete for 50% and if they decline I am going to pay ATT directly. Either way I should be able to get this off of my report? What do yall suggest?

Most debt collectors don't do 'pay for delete' anymore. They certainly won't do it for less than the full amount, especially since the debt is still owned by the original creditor.

Your best shot is to negotiate with AT&T to pay them directly in exchange for pulling the account back from Sunrise. Then dispute the Sunrise entry with the CRAs if it doesn't come off automatically.

57 minutes ago, Pizz80 said:

I am able to pay ATT directly so my plan is to ask for sunrise (the CA) to pay for delete for 50% and if they decline I am going to pay ATT directly. Either way I should be able to get this off of my report? What do yall suggest?

AT&T won't agree to settle for less.  The CA cannot do it without their consent as they still own the account.  PFD and settling for less worked after the recession not so much anymore as Harry said.

If it were me I would pay AT&T and then dispute the collection as paid to the OC.  Negotiating with AT&T to pull it back and off after payment is also an option.

I would use the AT&T arbitration agreement.  File an arbitration case against them and watch how easily ATT will resolve that issue for quite possibly $0 and remove it from your credit report too.