Sign in to follow this  
shoebottom

Midland Funding Judgement

I have a judgement against me for an account through Midland Funding that has been sent to a lawyer for collections. It is listed on my credit report as in collections through Midland Funding. I was sent a letter from the law firm (FKCS) asking me to go to their website and setup a payment plan. When I go to their website, it gives me the option to make a settlement offer for the balance owed? I have never had a judgement against me before. Will they actually take a settlement offer on a judgement? How much should I offer? Is there anyway to have the original debt off my credit report?

3 hours ago, shoebottom said:

I have a judgement against me for an account through Midland Funding that has been sent to a lawyer for collections.

Were you actually served a summons when they sued you and you lost the case or didn't defend?  If not and you just found out about this it might be possible to get it vacated.

The rest of the information is presuming the judgment is valid:

When I go to their website, it gives me the option to make a settlement offer for the balance owed? I have never had a judgement against me before. Will they actually take a settlement offer on a judgement?

Yes.  You can make a lump sum offer and see if they take it.  Negotiate back and forth until you can both meet on a number you agree on. Get ALL terms in writing before you pay.  Terms such as deletion of Midland's trade line.  Vacating the judgment so it no longer reports.  No 1099-c.  

How much should I offer?

I would start at 40-50%.

Is there anyway to have the original debt off my credit report?

From the original creditor?  Not in this matter.  You would have to deal with the OC separately.