MikeB35

LVNV vs Me moving to arb

I believe Fist usually advises, " patience, young grasshopper," to see what the other side does. He has suggestions for delaying the immediate payment of the full $250 if you don't qualify as indigent. 

This is why I hate thread jumping.  I don't remember and will not spend time searching to find your other cases, so I have no idea what your card agreement says regarding arbitration costs or if you had an MTC granted in court.

I would advise paying the $250 unless you are in CA or unless your only income is social security or similar.  You can ask JAMS if you can make payments if it is easier for you to break it up and pay, say $125 now and $125 in 30 days.  They have worked with consumer like this in the past.  However, with a pending court case I would not want to delay too much.

I only switched threads because this is the proper place for it now, and I did attach the arbitration section in a PDF file a few posts above to make the transition easier for people coming here. Thank you for your time and response.

Well, got a phone call today. I couldn't answer it because I was working, however I had a voice mail. It was the Plaintiffs lawyer asking me to call him back. So i call back after i get off work, he answers and I say "Hello *** its *** returning your phone call." Oh well I wasn't expecting a phone call back as nobody ever calls back. I laughed and said well here I am. He then says so, I talked to my client yesterday and they are willing to drop the case with a mutual dismissal with prejudice. I said sounds good!

So now I need to get in contact with JAMS and drop the case once I get all the paper work in order. Couldn't have done it without all of your help!!!

@fisthardcheese@Brotherskeeper@debtzapper@BackFromTheDebt@nobk4me@Goody_Ouchless@Xerxes@BV80

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I wonder if this answers the age old of question of whether "they" read these sites. I would have to think the answer is "no," as they still try to contest MTCs.

4 hours ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

I wonder if this answers the age old of question of whether "they" read these sites. I would have to think the answer is "no," as they still try to contest MTCs.

How many times do I have to tell you. It’s not a blip on their radar. 

Just rtemember don't dismiss the JAMS claim until you have the dismissal signed by the plaintiffs officer- manager in hand. If you dismiss before that they could say that you dismissed JAAMS during negotiations to the courts jurisdiction.

For the naysayers this has happened in the past.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations!  

::band::  ♫ Another one bites the dust!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seadragon said:

Just rtemember don't dismiss the JAMS claim until you have the dismissal signed by the plaintiffs officer- manager in hand.

Yes sir, I didnt plan on withdrawing until I had the correct paperwork in order. This is the one scenario that was popping out at me in the back of my mind.

6 hours ago, MikeB35 said:

Yes sir, I didnt plan on withdrawing until I had the correct paperwork in order. This is the one scenario that was popping out at me in the back of my mind.

No need to get paranoid. They've already moved on. Contrary to some false-memories, they don't take this personally.

9 hours ago, fisthardcheese said:

Nice work!!! Congrats!

Thanks to the OP for all his hard work and persistence.  And thanks to all the members here who willingly give of their time, effort and expertise to help othersw.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, debtzapper said:

Thanks to the OP for all his hard work and persistence.  And thanks to all the members here who willingly give of their time, effort and expertise to help othersw.

I cant thank everyone enough! The road is far from over for me, as my wife and I have a few more to take care of. I will continue to be an active member, and help where I can with my experience and lend the knowledge I have been generously given. It is now my turn to pay it forward with what I can!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeB35 said:

It is now my turn to pay it forward with what I can!

:)% This is how CIC continues to be a vital community and viable resource for people in need of help. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Received the email from the Plaintiff today stating..

"Now comes Plaintiff, by and through counsel, and hereby dismisses Defendant(s), ****** in the within action with prejudice pursuant to Civil Rule 41(A)(1) at its cost, notice by clerk hereby waived"

• Like 1