Sign in to follow this  
hendu

Experian: "Refuse to Investigate"

Recommended Posts

I have searched all over the forum, however I cannot find a thread that discusses this topic.

Can someone point me in the right direction, as Experian has sent a response for refusal to investigate. 

It has been more than a year, since we disputed items on this report. Suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your remedy for a refusal to investigate is to sue them under the FCRA.  Keep in mind:  

"a consumer reporting agency may terminate a reinvestigation of information disputed by a consumer under that paragraph if the agency reasonably determines that the dispute by the consumer is frivolous or irrelevant, including by reason of a failure by a consumer to provide sufficient information to investigate the disputed information."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hendu said:

I have searched all over the forum, however I cannot find a thread that discusses this topic.

Can someone point me in the right direction, as Experian has sent a response for refusal to investigate. 

It has been more than a year, since we disputed items on this report. Suggestions?

What reason did you give for your dispute both times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hendu said:

Different date on the trade line.

Which date?  There's more than one date on a TL.

You used that same dispute both times?   What was wrong with the date?

Was that date the same both times you disputed it?

You have to provide some details so that we understand the nature of your disputes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you send them a letter that was a copy/paste from something online full of legal jargon? If so, it likely prompted an automatic rejection as a form letter or robo-dispute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:42 AM, fisthardcheese said:

Did you send them a letter that was a copy/paste from something online full of legal jargon? If so, it likely prompted an automatic rejection as a form letter or robo-dispute.

Wow arrow straight to the heart of the problem. Is Experian now riding the razers edge on disputes? Or are they using the credit monitoring to vet tradelines now. So if it pops up on credit monitoring and you allow it then later dispute it, do they just automatically refuse to investigate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, fisthardcheese said:

Did you send them a letter that was a copy/paste from something online full of legal jargon? If so, it likely prompted an automatic rejection as a form letter or robo-dispute.

It could also be due to the fact that the OP previously disputed the same account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 9:55 PM, BV80 said:

It could also be due to the fact that the OP previously disputed the same account.

Yes, if disputed for the same reason.  However it should not prompt a rejection if disputed for a NEW reason.  Not usually, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this