Melody

I’m being sued by Barclays Bank I got a letter in the mail from local credit lawyer

I got a letter in the mail from a credit lawyer saying someone has filed a law suit in my name gives a court case and suing by Barclays Banks case was filed on 04/18/2018 ... I’ve never heard of this bank what should I do ? I have not been served 

First, check to see it is a real case.  Does your local court have a web site you can check?

Second, see if there is an arbitration clause in the cardmember agreement.  Arbitration is often the best strategy, although not as good with OCs as with JDBs.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Melody said:

I got a letter in the mail from a credit lawyer saying someone has filed a law suit in my name gives a court case and suing by Barclays Banks case was filed on 04/18/2018 ... I’ve never heard of this bank what should I do ? I have not been served 

Don’t be alarmed it’s just a solicitation. What a lot of these “law offices” do is troll the court docket and send advertisements to everyone that has that name in the county the lawsuit was filed.  

If you want peace of mind you can always call the court or go down to verify. 

• Thanks 1

I looked on line for the court case online and found it ... I called the court and they verified the address of the person being sued ... I never lived at that address so they said it wasn’t me ... I called the lawyer that sent my the notice they said Barclays Bank doesn’t buy other debt and if I never lived at that address and didn’t have a card directly from them it wasn’t me... and they just troll the court cases and send out letters to every person in Arizona with the same name ... I told them that was super crappy and scared me for no reason ... thank you all for the help !!! 

• Like 1