Sign in to follow this  
Gorbah

Stalked By Debt Collector

I've noticed from reading this forum and personal experience that when a dispute is started with the three major bureaus, creditors 99% of the time will come after you in litigation  if you live in a major/large metropolitan area.  I can only speculate at this time and fully believe that this debt collectors stalking. Here is what is happening to me personally at this time.

The particular debt collector who will call "Voldemort the bitter Attorney" has litigated against me twice now and has lost both times. Now Voldemort the bitter Attorney is back attacking me with some new debt that has been through literally 8 other collection offices and surprise, surprise, Voldemort the bitter Attorney has cast his magic and verified the debt when the lesser collection agencies could not.

Another interesting fact, Voldemort the bitter Attorney has pulled my credit or someone from the collection law firm he works for has. All jokes a side seems this attorney is indeed bitter about losing. After looking at my credit report and noticed his firm had pulled my credit and has specifically obtained debts that other collection agencies couldn't verify but somehow he could is a bit too ironic.  Is this some kind of form of harassment? No FDCPA rules that I'm aware have been broken so what options do I have available?  Quick side note; I've cleaned my credit all but one bogus item that has shown up. This marks the 4th collection letter this agency has sent this month with each one containing a different debt that has been eliminated from my credit.

Maybe I'm missing what your telling me. That would put an end to phone calls, emails, and letters unless of course the attorney/firm wanted to get nailed on violations but I don't see them being that stupid. Even after that they could claim I sent them an empty envelope which has happened in the past during my second law suite they brought against me. Not to mention it'll for sure lead to one law suite after another.

There's gotta be something I can do to hold them accountable for their actions.

If you have a smartphone, you film what when in the letter and then take the same envelope to the post office (even put your initial in small in a corner and record that so that there is a path with the envelope the entire time) and then film yourself purchasing the CMRRR card and postage and handing it to the postal worker. Right after, fill out an affidavit and get it signed stating what was in the envelope and that you mailed it. That would put a stop to that real quick if the attorney try the envelope was empty funny business again and it would make the attorney look bad in front of the judge (a bad thing for a local attorney to do);

As for suing you, yeah it sounds like they are being vindictive but realize that DV is such a low bar to cross that any collector can cross it if they really wanted to. In this case, the attorney is pissed off at you for beating him not once but twice and so is willing to cross that bar. Doing a successful validation in no way means they will be successful in court. That is why to do the C&D.

Send it CMRR and keep a copy. Write down the Cmrr# and keep your return receipt. Let them argue their way out of that in a court of law.

@Gorbah

Are the debts outside the SOL?  If so, you won't be sued unless the attorney or creditor doesn't know the law.

2 minutes ago, Gorbah said:

Two of them are, the rest are not.

Personally, I would not send a C&D for the ones that are still within the SOL.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure one of these debts has an arbitration agreement in it. Next problem I face is getting the Original Agreement. In my state simply showing payments where made is enough to show an agreement and the contract isn't even needed for evidence. I believe there was a post that had a website where you could find contracts to every loan do you happen to know what I'm talking about  @BV80

20 minutes ago, Gorbah said:

I'm pretty sure one of these debts has an arbitration agreement in it. Next problem I face is getting the Original Agreement. In my state simply showing payments where made is enough to show an agreement and the contract isn't even needed for evidence. I believe there was a post that had a website where you could find contracts to every loan do you happen to know what I'm talking about  @BV80

In most states, showing use of the card with charges and payments is enough to show the existence of a contract between parties.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/credit-cards/agreements/