RobinMontrose

Score at a crummy 680. App spree time?

My personal scores are at 680. I don't know why it's so low! I never missed a payment ever. In fact a year ago, I paid my debt down with $190,000 from some land I sold (mistake?). Still had 50k debt left however. But it only boosted me to 740. I applied for a couple of cards and little by little a year later I'm at sub 700. We have been living off the cards (and biz development) however and have added like 100k debt in that year. Which like I said leaves me 150k in debt with 150k left in credit available. I'm learning business credit. And my corporations have pretty good scores. Am looking into that end of it too. I feel I'm at a critical time and not sure what to do.

Maybe I should I have kept the 190k, cashed out and trashed it all. By now my credit would have been fixed and probably higher than it is now. Seems it doesn't pay to do the,"right " thing.

46 minutes ago, RobinMontrose said:

Which like I said leaves me 150k in debt with 150k left in credit available.

This is why your score is what it is. Utilization is 30% of your score and your best score comes at 3-5% utilization.

By now my credit would have been fixed and probably higher than it is now.

In a year? Not a chance.