RobinMontrose

Which cards grant credit with UT over 50%?

I let my UT get to 49% but that's the only weakness. 720 score. Who will approve my with such a lousy UT? Maybe a consolidation loan? I feel trapped.

What are your credit needs? Navy Federal CU is pretty generous with their approvals. Discover is also pretty lenient. Both have 0% intro offers on balance transfers.

My need is to lower my UT. So I need high limits with high UT (50%+) allowed. FICO Score 8 is 720. 150k debt with 300k limits. No inquires or new accounts in over a year. Looking to do a consolidation loan as well. Thinking of appyling all at the same time.

You would need another $300k in revolving credit or a $75k signature loan to lower your UT to 25%.  I don't know of any lenders that will give that kind of money on a signature loan with a decent interest rate.  I also don't know any credit card companies that give more than $10k-$20k limit on a brand new account.  You might have some luck with a CLI after you open the account, but it's a gamble in that you have to first open the account.

If you own a home, I'd go with a 2nd mortgage or HELOC to pay off your credit cards.  Neither of these are factored in to UT, so you could get a $100k 2nd mortgage and drop your UT to under 20%.  And with a credit card or signature loan you won't be able to come anywhere near the interest rate you would get on a 2nd/HELOC.