Sign in to follow this  
Jay clark

Pacer dispute

I've had my chapter 7 discharged for 1 half. Can I dispute this off of pacer so I can dispute off of my credit ?

Do I need to dispute Pacer to get it off of my credit? 

I am trying to do this before I apply to work at corrections because you have to have good credit.  Please answer my question not 

Pacer is simply the court reporter. They are not a CRA so you cannot dispute any items on Pacer as if it was a CRA.

Also, the rules for a CRA reporting bankruptcies are based on when the case is filed, not if a discharge is issued or if the case is dismissed. Once you filed for a BK, you dropped the atom bomb on your report.

Sorry I do not have better news for you.

11 hours ago, BV80 said:

@Jay clark

Along with the information provided to you by @WhoCares1000, the Fair Credit Reporting Act states that bankruptcies can be reported for 10 years.  

To correct that, Chapter 7 BK's can be reported for 10 years. Chapter 13's come off after 7 years.

5 hours ago, WhoCares1000 said:

To correct that, Chapter 7 BK's can be reported for 10 years. Chapter 13's come off after 7 years.

Actually, 10 years is correct.  A CRA may choose to remove the information sooner but it does not have to.

Fair Credit Reporting Act: § 605. Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681c] (a) Information excluded from consumer reports. Except as authorized under subsection (b) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information: (1) Cases under title 11 [United States Code] or under the Bankruptcy Act that, from the date of entry of the order for relief or the date of adjudication, as the case may be, antedate the report by more than 10 years. (Emphasis added.)

Des.

1. Opt out of LexisNexis 2. Dispute the Bankruptcy wait for a response. (If they say they verify 3. Go to the court where you filed and ask do they give information to credit agencies or third parties? They will say no, ask them to put that in writing.(they will gladly do that. 4. Second letter to credit agencies, please provide documents on how this was verified. The court does not provide data to 3rd parties see attached letter. Do this in your own language as I'm not an attorney, this is for entertainment only. Tell them to delete this immediately. Bankruptcies and all other debt can only be verified by the original or it must go.

10 hours ago, Mr. Mann said:

1. Opt out of LexisNexis 2. Dispute the Bankruptcy wait for a response. (If they say they verify 3. Go to the court where you filed and ask do they give information to credit agencies or third parties? They will say no, ask them to put that in writing.(they will gladly do that. 4. Second letter to credit agencies, please provide documents on how this was verified. The court does not provide data to 3rd parties see attached letter. Do this in your own language as I'm not an attorney, this is for entertainment only. Tell them to delete this immediately. Bankruptcies and all other debt can only be verified by the original or it must go.

how does one opt out of Lexis Nexis?

32 minutes ago, Robby8900 said:

how does one opt out of Lexis Nexis?

Found this, so i don't know if opting out will help with BK on credit reports. ( LexisNexis also does not suppress personal information from the following products and services: products containing information regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (except as required by law); third party data available through real time gateways; news; and legal documents. ).

Did you check your credit reports to see if it was even being reported?  Often, and especially with a recent change in the way the CRAs gather this type of info, it doesn't appear on your general credit report anyway.