Plaintiff returned my interrogatories envelope. empty!

Calico

OK. So I am the defendant in a debt collection lawsuit. I sent my verified interrogatories, affirmations and demand for documents along with proof of service. The empty envelope was returned to the "proof of service" person with a stamp claiming the envelope arrived empty. The empty envelope was obviously opened, because they taped it closed. I am 100% positive the envelope contained all docs and I was with my "proof of service" person when she mailed them at the post office. What do I do about this? I am dealing with Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC. Thanks for all help! Calico

Resend them again and add this at the start of the first page:

"SECOND REQUEST. RESPOND IMMEDIATELY."

Then file a Motion to Compel Plaintiff to Respond to Defendant's Discovery Requests. Let the court know you served one copy already and received no response and have now sent a second request. Don't mention anything about the empty envelope. Let them go down that path, and then request a hearing to have your person come testify about what was in the envelope when it was put into the mail.

Do you have anything in your possession that would confirm the weight of the envelope at the time it was mailed?  This could be in the form of a USPS receipt or the postage affixed to the envelope.  If you have a tracking number, you could also check to see if the tracking information for the item includes the weight.

Thank you for your responses,

As it turns out, seems my mail was ripped open by a sorting machine at the post office of delivery. I have re sent my mail to Plaintiff overnight delivery along with a copy of the original proof of service, and another prrof of service for this mail.