GlockPerfection

Being sued by UNIFUND in Calif. for Citi card

2 hours ago, GlockPerfection said:

Hello again :-)

The cause of actions is a credit card c.$3.5k I might or might not have abandoned paying a few years ago--  its alleged debt got sold from Citi to Unifund via 47 pages I do not understand.  I just had to google "cause of actions," so I hope this sentence answers your question.

The cause of action would be Money Lent, Account Sated, etc. It would say so on the very first page of the complaint, below the caption. 

40 minutes ago, GlockPerfection said:

The way I understand it:  Unifund CCR LLC took it upon themselves to harass me, to intimidate me, to cause me unsubstantiated harm (medical records,) to harass my neighbors and family (phone records,) to cause me loss of gasoline/time/travel etc.

I would like to counter-sue Unifund (is that the proper legalese? probably not, but you know what I'm getting at here, yes?)

I they have been harassing your family and neighbors you may want to check with a consumer attorney. 

Ian Chowdhury, is one of the best out there and had given us ample caselaws. When I checked he was somewhere in the LA/ Aventura area

I'll keep Mr. Chowdhudy's name on tap.  Thank you.

The first Cause of Action appears on page 4 of 74, "Plaintiff refers to Paragraphs 1 through 14, and by this reference..." etc., I'm sure you know the drill.  It goes on, page 5, "Within the last four years, an account was stated by and between the charge off creditor and Defendant(s), and each of them, wherein it stated that said Defendant(s), and each of them, were indebted to the charge off creditor in the sum of XXXXXXX.  Plainfiff is the current holder and assignee of the Account."

Looks like "void for vagueness to me," if I had ever seen it; however, I hope this jargon might interest you.  I've not much left to lose, so I'm just sort of sitting back and watching the show now.

Clearly, I am very new to CR; however, if it might interest you/your upcoming cases for me to upload the actual documents I have (anonymously, obviously) I'll do that too.  THANK YOU.

Ok, account stated, is one cause of action. 

This may be the only one, or there may be more. Tomorrow, perhaps you can upload the first page of the complaint, blacking out all parsonage information of course, name, amount, case number and so on. 

For now, read about the Bill of Particulars. 

Also, read @homelessincalifornia threat. 

I've zero doubt that there will be more.  That's ok.  Tomorrow, I'll upload some files of the complaint, once I figure out how this site works (still new here.)  (I like knowing that Big Sister is watching, that cracks me up to no end!)

Thank you for the leads/links to BOP and //homelessness.  They both make me want to cry and to scream at the same time.

Just some white-a$$ middle-class college-educated Chowdahead who "did everything right!!!" from the start...  until it went completely sideways just about 5 years ago, and I tanked just alongside the banks.

Thank you.  I'll check your leads out--  what a gem, joy!  Thank you-

Ok, now... that is a bit interesting.  Comparing the two,  what I have on my desk v. what I see yours online, my "Summons"from UNIFUND (prepared by RESURGENCE LEGAL GROUP,PC) my former seems, to me,  a bit more ill-prepared than your latter sample.  

BTW--  Please forgive me, Sad, when I do not respond as rapidly as I sporadically post here.  It does not mean that I don't read CI, or that I merely "cry for help... WOLF!!!" and then promptly disappear in ultimate L.A.-Flakiness once my current problem is temporarily placated with that  General Denial / newbie post  which you resolved.  I greatly appreciate your time and clear expertise.  I sometimes go silent because I continue to handle this myself.  

I'll scan/upload my docums tomorrow or over the weekend CI commentaries.  If naught for much else, I should be fun to watch :-)    Best--  GP

when you upload the document please be sure to black-out all identifiable information including name, address, card number, debt amount, court case number, etc. 

in the mean time consider serving a Bill of Particulars. if you have any question, please dont hesitate to ask, thats how we learn and educate ourselves. if i dont know the answer, someone here probably would know. 

Hello again.  First and foremost, if you're still out there, Sad, I hope you & yours are all well and safe.  The Thousand Oaks atrocity and the devastating fires both NorCal & South--  heartbreaking last few weeks.  Prayers for all--  x

I'm attaching the Cause of Action from Unifund/Resurgence, followed by partial Exhibits A and B.  I've scanned the whole package this morning, but I'm currently omitting the full A & B aside from their first pages as I'm unsure if those are relevant here/yet.  It does seem to me that their own "Exhibits" don't prove much liability against me at all other than that my questionable "account" was purchased among a vague lump of others' to extort and that the Exhibits are a sloppy attempt to appear thorough/threatening.

I do not understand how to serve a Bill of Particulars in California, so that's my next poke around this website.  I would be greatly indebted (no pun intended) if anyone could point me in the right direction about this, as I am new to this racket and have miles to go and learn.

IMG_20181112_0001.pdf

IMG_20181112_0002.pdf

IMG_20181112_0003.pdf

IMG_20181112_0004.pdf

IMG_20181112_0005.pdf

IMG_20181112_0006.pdf

IMG_20181112_0008.pdf

IMG_20181112_0009.pdf

IMG_20181112_0010.pdf

IMG_20181112_0011.pdf

23 hours ago, GlockPerfection said:

Hello again.  First and foremost, if you're still out there, Sad, I hope you & yours are all well and safe.  The Thousand Oaks atrocity and the devastating fires both NorCal & South--  heartbreaking last few weeks.  Prayers for all--  x

I'm attaching the Cause of Action from Unifund/Resurgence, followed by partial Exhibits A and B.  I've scanned the whole package this morning, but I'm currently omitting the full A & B aside from their first pages as I'm unsure if those are relevant here/yet.  It does seem to me that their own "Exhibits" don't prove much liability against me at all other than that my questionable "account" was purchased among a vague lump of others' to extort and that the Exhibits are a sloppy attempt to appear thorough/threatening.

I do not understand how to serve a Bill of Particulars in California, so that's my next poke around this website.  I would be greatly indebted (no pun intended) if anyone could point me in the right direction about this, as I am new to this racket and have miles to go and learn.

IMG_20181112_0001.pdf

IMG_20181112_0002.pdf

IMG_20181112_0003.pdf

IMG_20181112_0004.pdf

IMG_20181112_0005.pdf

IMG_20181112_0006.pdf

IMG_20181112_0008.pdf

IMG_20181112_0009.pdf

IMG_20181112_0010.pdf

IMG_20181112_0011.pdf

keep in mind image number 6. appears that this debt changed hands quite a few times before ending up in UNIFUND hands. they have to produce all bill of sales from each transaction. there may be on your package, but i didnt see them here. 

• Like 1

Ah, yes--  unfortunately, they did include those bills of sales as well, but I hadn't been sure yesterday if I'd be going overboard by posting them.  Now I understand how important they are...  and here they are.

Moreover, in the dark around 7:30 last night, "somebody" left a nice fresh summons, this time from Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC for a Barclay's card, on my porch in the dark.  Guess the JDB Whack-A-Mole game has officially begun.  Curious if they'll bother to mail me something in 10 days or just, as I'd imagine, probably get away with it if they don't and I failed to respond regardless...  so, I reckon I'd better head back up to Chatsworth AGAIN with a new GD...  just as soon as its neighborhood isn't on fire.

IMG_20181112_0012.pdf

IMG_20181112_0013.pdf

IMG_20181112_0014.pdf

IMG_20181112_0015.pdf

IMG_20181112_0016.pdf

IMG_20181112_0017.pdf

it would also be better if you create a separate threat just for the Portfolio, so we dont confuse one with the other. 

unless, you want to follow the sames steps as the UNIFUND since it is farther along, and just refer to Portfolio when needed. up to you. 

Muchas gracias!  I just deleted those attachments above to save a wee bit on this most gracious server's space.  I'll also start a separate thread for the Portfolio/Barclays (though I'll myself refer between that and this one already afoot here as I go along)--  save on confusion between the two cases, and also maybe  help other noobs who stumble across this site.  I don't think anybody arrives here because they're having a great day and, as such, if anything like me, probably has head spinning and pounding til it starts to very slowly make sense, the whole learning curve of these laws.    Having threads specifically tailored to JDB and Creditor in the Search might hopefully help others as well as, no doubt, there will be more--  "if you 'charge' it, they will come..."

9 minutes ago, BV80 said:

@sadinca

To all CA members affected by the wildfires, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  

Thank you very much, BV80.  Myself, I'll be fine  --surrounded by miles of city to three sides and Pacific to the West--  but I know two families whose Malibu homes are (were) right in that huge red zone on the map.  Was raining ashes here by the SMO on Friday/Saturday and the sky went dark at 3pm.  It was the fotos of the horses tied to the Lifeguard Towers that for some reason really get me.  Praying all day for the so many affected and for the so many who are helping.  Even Santa Monica, notorious for its strict parking laws, declared all permits/meters/hours invalid for time being in order to accommodate the evacuees.  Surreal.

1 hour ago, GlockPerfection said:

Muchas gracias!  I just deleted those attachments above to save a wee bit on this most gracious server's space.  I'll also start a separate thread for the Portfolio/Barclays (though I'll myself refer between that and this one already afoot here as I go along)--  save on confusion between the two cases, and also maybe  help other noobs who stumble across this site.  I don't think anybody arrives here because they're having a great day and, as such, if anything like me, probably has head spinning and pounding til it starts to very slowly make sense, the whole learning curve of these laws.    Having threads specifically tailored to JDB and Creditor in the Search might hopefully help others as well as, no doubt, there will be more--  "if you 'charge' it, they will come..."

sounds good. and as i mentioned before you can serve the BOP to portfolio at the same time you serve UNIFUND. then worry about the GD afterwards. 

Not worried about any GDs, it's the BOP's next, and how I'll manage to fill those out, crickey,  that is my next learning curve.  But I know I can get through, thanks to this Site and you.  Thank you so much, you're probably sick of hearing this, but:  thank you.

Meanwhile, :  

SoCal--  please stay safe.  Stay hydrated. 

I'm now only coming across Tweets (I generally don't deal with "social media,"  but now in my face) how to foster displaced two-and four-leg'eds/furries/fuzzies/paws in need of help.  Please feel free to PM me any time r.e. this around West Los Angeles.  I live on Hilltop by SMO in an apartment, I do not have a fenced yard, as ASPCA would define.  But maybe I could help if our Shelters maxx out.  God bless--

Thank you so much!  I spent 8 hours here yesterday going from posts to posts to links etc. til I had to restart my browser a few times, from having too many pages open, heh.  Having gotten past my initial freak-out phase, this whole new world is perversely fascinating, and I'm loving learning as I crawl along here.

Is there any reason I couldn't/shouldn't have my POS-friend CMRRR the BOP to Portfolio in the same envelope/time as a GD to them, to save on two different postage costs, while I then wait a few more weeks (within the 30 days, naturally) to actually file Portfolio's GD at the Courthouse?  These CMRRRs are adding up $ fast, and I'd also like to avoid driving through The Hills for a while, wait til the flames are put out...  (sorry such a stoopid question, but more and more this looks like a very specific chess match of technicalities)