Gotasha

Here is Copy of the Arbitrator's Award in favor of Defendant

I just wrote this whole post and it disappeared.  Ugh!! but in a nut shell LVNV did not show up at the hearing and the arbitrator and I waited 30 mins, no call no show and I just got my confirmation letter (see attached)

lvnv arb award to Defendent.pdf

Since this is non-binding, I think the plaintiff was the right to request a Trial de Novo in 30 days too. The question is, will they do so.

Well, I also filed a complaint with the CFPB and I think between my brief and the filing of my complaint right before the arb hearing they bailed.  I checked online today and they have responded to the CFPB asking for more time, lol.  I could be wrong but I don't think they will file because I could argue and oppose that they did not commit to the arbitration in good faith but no call, no show.  That is a basic requirement is to show good faith. 

So LVNV sued you? You responded with a MTC? And LVNV paid the full arbitration fee? Seems incredibly unlikely they would throw away $5,000 like that. 

I think you misunderstood this case. It was judicial non-binding arbitration.  They paid nothing as the court will refer certain cases to arbitration at no charge in California. 

Hi Gotasha,

Thanks so much for sharing your arbitration journey. Like you, I am dealing with Harris and Zide in CA, and the JDB is LVNV. My debt is also a little less than $2K.

Your story gives me hope that despite their rudeness and bravado, Harris and Zide/LVNV will not pursue such a small amount all the way through arbitration. I am wondering if you can share more about how you got to judicial non-binding arbitration. Is this what you asked for, and if so, at what point in the legal/court process did you do this? I ask, because I'm still within the 30-day response period where I could ask LVNV to verify the debt and where I'm thinking of inserting the language that I opt for arbitration. I'm counting on the JDB to back off due to the cost of arbitration and offer me a settlement closer to what I can afford. 

Any thoughts or advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

Hello All,

LVNV did file a trial de novo as expected however, I filed a motion for monetary sanctions in the amount of $3,500 for their failure to attend the arbitration hearing and they immediately filed a request to dismiss the case.  Hmmm, I know they will be back and if not them one of the other pretender debt collectors with phony assignments and BS.  When they rear their ugly heads I will be ready.  Good luck to all of you and may God Bless you and your Journey with these lying thieves.  

LVNV Request for dismissal .pdf

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 11:19 PM, Hero.Won said:

Hi Gotasha,

Thanks so much for sharing your arbitration journey. Like you, I am dealing with Harris and Zide in CA, and the JDB is LVNV. My debt is also a little less than $2K.

Your story gives me hope that despite their rudeness and bravado, Harris and Zide/LVNV will not pursue such a small amount all the way through arbitration. I am wondering if you can share more about how you got to judicial non-binding arbitration. Is this what you asked for, and if so, at what point in the legal/court process did you do this? I ask, because I'm still within the 30-day response period where I could ask LVNV to verify the debt and where I'm thinking of inserting the language that I opt for arbitration. I'm counting on the JDB to back off due to the cost of arbitration and offer me a settlement closer to what I can afford. 

Any thoughts or advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

How is your case going?

On 10/12/2018 at 10:45 AM, WhoCares1000 said:

Since this is non-binding, I think the plaintiff was the right to request a Trial de Novo in 30 days too. The question is, will they do so.

Well, they did file the trial de novo and I filed a motion for monetary sanctions for their failure to appear in good faith and they dismissed the case.  I have attached the dismissal below.  

Nevermind, I didn't read the entire thread, lol