Another One Sued By PRA in Texas

I have to say, the incessant negative drivel from the folks outside of Texas is becoming painful. And I am just a casual observer of this forum... not a 5,000 post regular with nothing else to do.  You may be an expert in another state, but seriously, stay the h*ll out of Texas unless you have supported, and won for folks here.  The constant arrogance you exhibit for supposed superior methods grows old.  There is no sure way to beat debt suits.  Strategies work some of the time, some times not.  How many cases have been lost under your arbitration method versus won?  How many by the @texasrocker process? 

I recently won two JDB suits that totaled more than $45k using @texasrocker discovery.  So it does work, and I am biased.  Obviously your mileage may vary. 

But seriously folks, get off the high horse.  There is always another opinion, or a bigger fish.  Your way may be right for you and many others, but there is always another path.  The intent of this forum is to provide guidance on options, not run down one strategy or the other.  Let the individual decide based on data and ongoing results.  The continuing animosity is not productive.

Flame vest on....

My sentiments exactly.  For the record I have assisted in five victories this year and I am about 99% certain that if this OP would have followed through on what I instructed him to do then this would have been number six. 

The autocratical source of the bulk of the animosity on this board is not going to change.  She has repeatedly demonstrated that she knows somewhere between little and nothing about Texas civil procedure and hates the fact that I can prove her wrong.   For the last few weeks it was our senior expert on arbitration's turn to be the recipient of her wrath.  She has no qualms dragging anyone's name through the mud if they disagree with her or make an honest mistake so which method they prefer to use against JDB's is obviously not the issue.  There are many signs of deeply rooted agony, distress and an inability to refrain from holding a grudge.    

12 hours ago, Lucent said:

I recently won two JDB suits that totaled more than $45k using @texasrocker discovery.  So it does work

@clydeshypocrite  @Hairy C-word (& his couchless sidekick)

Put that in your pipe and smoke it and let us not forget about this victor earlier in 2018 that y'all swore up and down would "go down in flames" using my "nonsense" and "outdated discovery" that was even commended by, of all people, the top JDB defense attorney in Texas-  

2 hours ago, texasrocker said:

@clydeshypocrite  @Hairy C-word (& his couchless sidekick)

Put that in your pipe and smoke it and let us not forget about this victor earlier in 2018 that y'all swore up and down would "go down in flames" using my "nonsense" and "outdated discovery" that was even commended by, of all people, the top JDB defense attorney in Texas-  

Where does it show that the attorney commended the discovery requests?

2 hours ago, BV80 said:

I was referring to the whole scope of my advice that was called "nonsense" and "outdated" by the nay-sayers,  not just specifically the discovery items.  I had helped this OP win a previous case and he had taken it upon himself to revert back to what I had provided him to fight another.  According to the OP Mr. Jarzombec spoke favorable of everything they had done up to that point which a reasonable person would presume includes discovery, "We were told that for the most part we did everything right as a pro se defendant" 

For said nay-sayers eager to pounce again- I am very aware that it says "for the most part" so before anyone says he must have at least frowned upon some portion of my advice, the OP also went on to say that the only thing Mr. Jarzombec thought they had made a blunder on was not recognizing and addressing the violations that he thought existed.   

5 hours ago, BV80 said:

It doesn't.  Like everything else we are just supposed to believe everything he says.  No proof what so ever as to the claims of how many helped or that this particular attorney endorses him and his "methods."

@Clydesmom I find your constant animosity to @texasrocker interesting.  Why can't you accept other tactics?  Why the constant negativity?  What are you missing in your life to feel the need to constantly argue?  Helping people fight JDB tactics can take several paths.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. 

In Texas it seems that @texasrocker has been able to help a good percentage win their cases.  Me included.  Using the same discovery and denials you constantly denigrate allowed me to win two suits totaling over $45k.  

Instead of constantly being negative maybe you could use your expertise to present alternative options in a positive manner.  You do have a large amount of experience, but constantly getting into pissing matches helps no one.

Just Saying....

On 11/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, Clydesmom said:

It doesn't.  Like everything else we are just supposed to believe everything he says.  No proof what so ever as to the claims of how many helped or that this particular attorney endorses him and his "methods."

Nor can you prove otherwise.   Most of the proof is in the archives of this forum if one wants to take the time and effort to search.  You have no room to talk about "we are just supposed to believe everything he says" after constantly trying to inflate the three losses in Texas two years ago and place the blame on the discovery I provided not to mention all of the inaccurate information you have posted about Texas rules and procedures.  By continuing to do so even after I have proven you wrong shows it is not an honest mistake and you meant well which a forthright and reasonable person would immediately apologize for and correct it.  Considering that is merely what I have seen in Texas threads God only knows how many "newbies" in other states have been led astray by your arrogant "I am right and whomever disagrees is not only wrong but must be destroyed" approach. 

I have never kept track of the total number of cases I have helped to win but 30 is an accurate estimate and I do not have any record of being called out for posting lies or inaccuracies on this board contrary to you.  If the number is so important to you then the bottom line of this subject is that even if the total number of cases that I have led Texans to victory were only the two that Lucent acknowledges and two that cshot37 acknowledges that is still 400%  more than you have under your belt.

Mr. Jarzombec of course has never said he endorses anything regarding me personally but by telling the OP in that thread that they did everything right after reviewing all of the correspondence between them and Midland that obviously includes the discovery that was sent.  For your argument to prevail he would have had to have said something like, "You started off on the right track but this grossly outdated discovery will lead you straight to judgment."  (Side note to Harry if you are reading this- just to clarify I was paraphrasing before you devise a way to spin that around as you always do to make it appear that I said it)

On 11/17/2018 at 2:16 PM, texasrocker said:

I was referring to the whole scope of my advice that was called "nonsense" and "outdated" by the nay-sayers,  not just specifically the discovery items.  I had helped this OP win a previous case and he had taken it upon himself to revert back to what I had provided him to fight another.  According to the OP Mr. Jarzombec spoke favorable of everything they had done up to that point which a reasonable person would presume includes discovery, "We were told that for the most part we did everything right as a pro se defendant" 

For said nay-sayers eager to pounce again- I am very aware that it says "for the most part" so before anyone says he must have at least frowned upon some portion of my advice, the OP also went on to say that the only thing Mr. Jarzombec thought they had made a blunder on was not recognizing and addressing the violations that he thought existed.   

Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that a lawsuit was filed.  Either the OP decided against it, or he wasn’t telling us everything.   

2 hours ago, BV80 said:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that a lawsuit was filed.  Either the OP decided against it, or he wasn’t telling us everything.   

I can certainly accept that fact without question coming from you but I am sure that at least one of my usual two adversaries here that want my head on a silver platter will find a way to conjure up a new blame game.  

I hate it when people come here asking for help and then fail to follow up.  There is nothing awry if for whatever reason he just chose not to sue.  I cannot imagine that the whole thing was some kind of charade though as someone implied because initially he had just dropped in to ask if we thought his motion was adequate.   If he would have just left after my reply before the nay-sayers strolled in then such a notion never would have arose.

Regardless, he still beat the JDB.  As well prepared he was to counter-attack the onslaught against him in that thread  I can imagine how he would have done great in court if it had gone all the way to trial.  There is a cause number on the scan of the declaration of non-suit that did not get redacted and can be cross verified with court records.  If it can be shown that it is some kind of a fake then I will have no problem eating my words instead of just hiding out and remaining silent. 

11 minutes ago, texasrocker said:

I can certainly accept that fact without question coming from you 

Please do not hold me in higher esteem than anyone else.  I’m human and can make mistakes.  

My statement regarding the lack of a lawsuit filed by or for the OP in the thread you cited was based upon simple research.  The OP provided the county in which he was sued.  Unless he filed in state court, an FDCPA lawsuit would have to have been filed in federal court for the Northern District of Texas.  If you review filings in Justia, nothing fits. 

Also, the OP stated that he did not hire Jarzombek.  In my opinion, that is a red flag.  

47 minutes ago, BV80 said:

Please do not hold me in higher esteem than anyone else.  I’m human and can make mistakes.  

My statement regarding the lack of a lawsuit filed by or for the OP in the thread you cited was based upon simple research.  The OP provided the county in which he was sued.  Unless he filed in state court, an FDCPA lawsuit would have to have been filed in federal court for the Northern District of Texas.  If you review filings in Justia, nothing fits. 

Also, the OP stated that he did not hire Jarzombek.  In my opinion, that is a red flag.  

Sorry, but I have always had a great deal of respect for you based on your unrelenting dedication and our past conversations both in public and in private.  What you just stated acknowledging that you can be wrong shows that you are worthy of it as that seems to be such a rarity here.  

I'm sure you know well how to search courts and probably already know this but sometimes it helps to enter different search terms.  Mr. Jarzombek's office is in Ft. Worth which would be Tarrant county if that helps.

Do you mean he did not hire him to finish out his case or to file the FDCPA lawsuit?  If it is the former I believe since he had won before and was confident he could win again then why dish out $1,500?    If it is the latter remember that he said that Mr. Jarzombek offered to do it for free which at face value seems dubious but most dedicated JDB attacking attorneys hate them as much as we do and if he won it would be at least a $1,000 payday for him.

57 minutes ago, Goody_Ouchless said:

If I end up in TX I'll probably be in a band with TR. It's a crazy world.

You wouldn't be deserving to even be the water boy for my roadies. 

Truth is I don't play in bands anymore; an occasional jam session at best...  too old and tired to stay out late every night.

Yes that was a crazy world for many years.

59 minutes ago, texasrocker said:

Sorry, but I have always had a great deal of respect for you based on your unrelenting dedication and our past conversations both in public and in private.  What you just stated acknowledging that you can be wrong shows that you are worthy of it as that seems to be such a rarity here.  

I'm sure you know well how to search courts and probably already know this but sometimes it helps to enter different search terms. 

Do you mean he did not hire him to finish out his case or to file the FDCPA lawsuit?  If it is the former I believe since he had won before and was confident he could win again then why dish out $1,500?    If it is the latter remember that he said that Mr. Jarzombek offered to do it for free which at face value seems dubious but most dedicated JDB attacking attorneys hate them as much as we do and if he won it would be at least a $1,000 payday for him.

@texasrocker

Thank you for your kind words.  However, just as I have no doubt about your desire and dedication to help TX consumers, I also have no doubt about the desire and dedication of those you refer to as “naysayers”  

I have often been a “devil’s advocate” because I want consumer defendants to be prepared and, if possible, not surprised.    As a result, I’ve been accused of being either a debt collector or “pro debt collector”. 

In the thread you cited, the OP only stated that he did not hire Jarzombek. 

https://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/329518-midland-funding-suit-in-texas/?do=findComment&comment=1362588

As you can read in the thread, here are his exact words:

”BTW we never hired Jerry, but he is filing a Federal Pleading for us today on the matter of venue and asking for a $1000 penalty.”

I have a problem with his statement.  I cannot locate such a pleading   In fact, why would Jarzombek even agree to do that for free?

9 hours ago, BV80 said:

Thank you for your kind words.  However, just as I have no doubt about your desire and dedication to help TX consumers, I also have no doubt about the desire and dedication of those you refer to as “naysayers”  

It is good to have a conversation with someone who is pleasant for once.

I have never doubted their dedication.  The reason I call them naysayers is because they seem to be more dead set on quelling anything I say than trying to help anyone.  I have been here just as long as they have and I have just as much expertise as they do and much more extensive specifically in Texas.  There were very few and far between bouts of negativity in Texas threads before their infiltration, almost none at all.  It has become commonplace as has the proverbial beating of the dead horse every time someone asks me for assistance with a JDB lawsuit so I generally keep it in PM's anymore.  In hindsight I certainly wish I would have kept this one behind the scenes but I read in the thread first that day before checking PM's and being so appalled at what was said I replied in haste.

9 hours ago, BV80 said:

As you can read in the thread, here are his exact words:

”BTW we never hired Jerry, but he is filing a Federal Pleading for us today on the matter of venue and asking for a $1000 penalty.”

I have a problem with his statement.  I cannot locate such a pleading   In fact, why would Jarzombek even agree to do that for free?

I gave you my take on one hypothetical scenario in which he may do it for free but as to why it may have never been followed through your guess is as good as mine.

On 11/17/2018 at 8:44 PM, Lucent said:

@Clydesmom
@texasrocker

@texasrocker

@Clydesmom I find your constant animosity to @texasrocker interesting.  Why can't you accept other tactics?  Why the constant negativity?

Because I am the only one here who will stand up to her loudmouth imperious antics. 

She will not answer this.  The way you can tell that she knows she has been proven wrong is when she runs away and hides somewhere.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:25 PM, BV80 said:

On 11/18/2018 at 8:56 PM, texasrocker said:

:)%

• 1 month later...

Just an update. I don't know if they'd refile it again, but I'm ready and do it right next time but for now...at least I can sleep better. Thanks to this forum and great, knowledgeable members here, I didn't feel alone and the amount of resources here is just massive and very informative. Thank you!

2018-.thumb.jpg.152d7ecbb76f303360d623e151082132.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, indotx said:

Just an update. I don't know if they'd refile it again, but I'm ready and do it right next time but for now...at least I can sleep better. Thanks to this forum and great, knowledgeable members here, I didn't feel alone and the amount of resources here is just massive and very informative. Thank you!

2018-.thumb.jpg.152d7ecbb76f303360d623e151082132.jpg

Excellent.  So what did you end up sending to them?   

There is very little chance that they will refile so don't worry about it.