Sign in to follow this  
Leaf Edge

Amex - Reaging on Experian?

After reviewing and heeding some of the great suggestions on this site, I've come to an impasse.  Checking all three CR's, I've noticed Amex has reported the DOFD on Equifax as 9/1/14, which by most criteria means it would fall off of my CR on or about 9/1/21.  However, upon checking the same CL in Experian, it appears to moving out every month.  I've had zero contact with Amex since 2014, and have not inadvertently or knowingly re-set, or agreed to anything.  Would this mean they are re-aging my account to purposely extend their reporting time?  It seems squirrelly to me.  What's the best course of action to go from here?

3 minutes ago, Leaf Edge said:

After reviewing and heeding some of the great suggestions on this site, I've come to an impasse.  Checking all three CR's, I've noticed Amex has reported the DOFD on Equifax as 9/1/14, which by most criteria means it would fall off of my CR on or about 9/1/21.  However, upon checking the same CL in Experian, it appears to moving out every month.  I've had zero contact with Amex since 2014, and have not inadvertently or knowingly re-set, or agreed to anything.  Would this mean they are re-aging my account to purposely extend their reporting time?  It seems squirrelly to me.  What's the best course of action to go from here?

What do you mean by “moving out”?   Has the Date 9/1/14 listed as the DOFD been changed?

TU and EQ are both showing "On report until 8/2021", however EX continues to "move out" every month.  As of my last EX report 10/2018, the "on report date until" is 6/2025.  They seem to be posting a negative on my report every month for deliquent, but that shouldn't change the DOFD.

9 minutes ago, Leaf Edge said:

TU and EQ are both showing "On report until 8/2021", however EX continues to "move out" every month.  As of my last EX report 10/2018, the "on report date until" is 6/2025.  They seem to be posting a negative on my report every month for deliquent, but that shouldn't change the DOFD.

You need to get a hard copy of your credit report.  If it shows that same thing, you need to dispute with Experian. 

1 hour ago, Leaf Edge said:

Should I request a Consumer Disclosure file as well?  Or are they considered the same thing?

I’m not sure if they are considered to be the same or not. I suppose it would not hurt to ask for one.