Sign in to follow this  
Indy17

Made a settlement - They still want to enter defualt judgement for the court - should I still fight

3 posts in this topic

So I agreed to an 80% settlement with Stenger and Stenger / Captiol one. They were pretty tough.

I was happy with the settlement until they told me they wanted me to sign papers entering into default judgement with the court system. I do not like this part. I wanted to avoid this with the court. I did take this agreement in earnest, I do not have plans to try and not pay and sneak away from paying. To me this is the same as losing to the court, and wonder how much better it is then actually losing . It is a $1200 difference vs to total cost. I could still fight them in court and eat up time. However, I really don't have much  of a plan on fighting them. I could appeal if I lose, and attack their affidavit debt, which could be seen as not fitting the criteria required by the court.

Advice?

Was the settlement a lump sum amount or with payments. If with payments, then they want a consent judgement so that they do not have to take you to court again.

...and an agreement to a "consent judgment" doesn't go on your record unless you fail to perform your end of the agreement.