GraysonBlues

DISMISSED! Sued by Midland Funding in San Diego, CA

Awesome!

What's happening with the arbitration case? Has Midland paid any of the fees or asked you to drop it? 

Nope.  Through this whole case I haven't heard a peep from Midland.  It seems weird.

I just got the email forward about the change in counsel this afternoon.  I plan to call JAMS tomorrow and get an update.  (ETA: went ahead and left a voice mail with the contact person for an update.  I'll update here when I know more.)

(Amusing note: the new firm is known for working with 'difficult' cases.  Yay!  I'm difficult.)

After speaking with a few of you (including @fisthardcheese) I went ahead and dismissed the arbitration claim since the lawsuit was dismissed.  Lo and behold, the new attorney reaches out by email to discuss the dispute.  As the suit and arbitration were both dismissed and the debt is outside SOL for California, I informed him there is nothing further to discuss on this matter, and I would file a complaint under the FDCPA should Midland persist with pursuing it.

Lets see if he leaves me alone.

4 minutes ago, GraysonBlues said:

After speaking with a few of you (including @fisthardcheese) I went ahead and dismissed the arbitration claim since the lawsuit was dismissed.  Lo and behold, the new attorney reaches out by email to discuss the dispute.  As the suit and arbitration were both dismissed and the debt is outside SOL for California, I informed him there is nothing further to discuss on this matter, and I would file a complaint under the FDCPA should Midland persist with pursuing it.

Lets see if he leaves me alone.

Send a cease and desist in writing.  

• Like 2