Sign in to follow this  
BV80

Article: What Happens When Your Credit Card Company Sues You?

51 minutes ago, Harry Seaward said:

Still no one is talking about using arbitration in these cases. 

I agree.  The article shows how much misinformation is available and how valuable information is not provided probably due to the fact that it’s unknown.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, Harry Seaward said:

Still no one is talking about using arbitration in these cases. 

No one ever talks about using arbitration to settle any other consumer issue too rather than spend days in an endless customer service loop, often to never have small issues resolved at all.

4 hours ago, fisthardcheese said:

No one ever talks about using arbitration to settle any other consumer issue too rather than spend days in an endless customer service loop, often to never have small issues resolved at all.

My guess is that they have never heard of it and the few that have don't understand anything about it.  They would expect to end up in a room with an arbitrator using legal jargon throughout the hearing and being overwhelmed by an attorney from the OC that can comprehend all that so in their understanding nothing good could possibly come from it.  I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed how incredibly terrible "customer service" has become so in actuality just about anything would be better.  

The saddest thing about this and the article discussed a couple of weeks ago where the author laid out the worst ever discovery items is that to the average reader the information appears to be coming from a perfectly legitimate source so they would not even consider questioning the reliability and accuracy of anything.  It even quotes a couple of bankruptcy attorneys in various parts of the article so it appears that legal minds were consulted therefore bolstering its supposed legitimacy.

58 minutes ago, texasrocker said:

My guess is that they have never heard of it and the few that have don't understand anything about it.  They would expect to end up in a room with an arbitrator using legal jargon throughout the hearing and being overwhelmed by an attorney from the OC that can comprehend all that so in their understanding nothing good could possibly come from it.  I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed how incredibly terrible "customer service" has become so in actuality just about anything would be better.  

The saddest thing about this and the article discussed a couple of weeks ago where the author laid out the worst ever discovery items is that to the average reader the information appears to be coming from a perfectly legitimate source so they would not even consider questioning the reliability and accuracy of anything.  It even quotes a couple of bankruptcy attorneys in various parts of the article so it appears that legal minds were consulted therefore bolstering its supposed legitimacy.

Between this article and others we’ve discussed, it’s no wonder so many consumers who come to this site are completely confused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BV80 said:

Between this article and others we’ve discussed, it’s no wonder so many consumers who come to this site are completely confused.

Not to mention how they imply that defending a lawsuit is pretty much a cakewalk.

40 minutes ago, texasrocker said:

Not to mention how they imply that defending a lawsuit is pretty much a cakewalk.

I agree.   I have my own ideas as to how to contradict those that we can actually contradict.   Do you have any ideas?

9 hours ago, BV80 said:

I agree.   I have my own ideas as to how to contradict those that we can actually contradict.   Do you have any ideas?

A lot of online articles have a comment section at the bottom where anyone can join in but this one does not.  Most that do have it require one to "sign up" in order to post a comment which in my opinion is "phishing" to get my email address so I have never bothered with it.