Jump to content

File Answer before being Served?

Recommended Posts

I started receiving soliciting notices from Attorneys that I was being sued in Harris County JP courts for a Capital One debt. I've looked it up and it is listed on the JP website with Original Petition filed on December 4th. As of today I have not been served, should I file an answer or wait until I am served?

This is the 2nd and last possible suits I'll have going as I didn't have any other accounts. I lost my job last year and was in a tough spot. The first is a suit with a JDB and mediation is scheduled end of January. This looks to be Capital One directly with their attorney Moss Law Firm.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait until you are served then file a general denial.

If it is indeed an OC then you will need an attorney but I would advise against the "ambulance chasers" that send these notices.  I can refer you to a very good one who has an office in Houston.  Do you know the approximate amount they would be suing for?     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.