shellieh98

Haven't been around for awhile, but here's an update

So a few years ago I got into some financial trouble. I found this site, and it helped me immensely. I won 3 court cases, I sued Gold's Gym for collection violations, and I have been cleaning up my credit. I was at an all time low of 430.  I protested every negative on all 3 credit reports. some things were removed, some were not. Some I had to wait until they dropped off after 7 years. But, last week I decided to refinance my house. I thought my score was pretty good now, so thought I'd get a decent % rate. eh, todays market, it was 4.2, but still better than the 5.6 I've been stuck with for 10 years.

My credit score came back at 840! :) Pretty much cart blanch if your trying to get credit.  I do have a couple of credit cards, with like 15k limits, but I won't go down that road again. If I have a major purchase I won't use it unless I have a plan to pay it off in a month or 2. I carry a low balance on my main card so it reflects well with payments, etc without getting socked for huge interest. Just wanted to revisit, and let others know this site is a wealth of info if your willing to invest the time. Thanks to all those that contribute! Oh my new house payment is 350.00 less per month, and will be paid off 2 years earlier. So even though I didn't get the low rates of a few years ago, it was still worth it.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, shellieh98 said:

So a few years ago I got into some financial trouble. I found this site, and it helped me immensely. I won 3 court cases, I sued Gold's Gym for collection violations, and I have been cleaning up my credit. I was at an all time low of 430.  I protested every negative on all 3 credit reports. some things were removed, some were not. Some I had to wait until they dropped off after 7 years. But, last week I decided to refinance my house. I thought my score was pretty good now, so thought I'd get a decent % rate. eh, todays market, it was 4.2, but still better than the 5.6 I've been stuck with for 10 years.

My credit score came back at 840! :) Pretty much cart blanch if your trying to get credit.  I do have a couple of credit cards, with like 15k limits, but I won't go down that road again. If I have a major purchase I won't use it unless I have a plan to pay it off in a month or 2. I carry a low balance on my main card so it reflects well with payments, etc without getting socked for huge interest. Just wanted to revisit, and let others know this site is a wealth of info if your willing to invest the time. Thanks to all those that contribute! Oh my new house payment is 350.00 less per month, and will be paid off 2 years earlier. So even though I didn't get the low rates of a few years ago, it was still worth it.

You must use those cards or they will close them. They need an incentive to keep reporting your credit monthly but no activity. They have to keep thinking of you monthly doing nothing and not making money off your credit worthiness. Just don't use cash, use the cards evenly and pay them off with cash monthly. Each month your credit will get stronger and you'll get perks from your cards by doing so. Apply for a card with frequent flyer miles and use it to a a free trip around the would by using your card monthly. Its a game!